What's for dinner? Thursday, 10-15-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp Pad Thai here for this afternoon. I'm new at this....using a cheat bottled sauce for this time, and modifying a little from Andy's wonderful sounding recipe, according to what I've got on hand. :yum:

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

Last edited:
Good question. We got a two for one Hardee's TexMex burger yesterday, and split one for lunch, um, yesterday, so we still have a whole one in the fridge. Also some leftover spaghetti, along with a small serving of unfrozen turkey casserole.

SC brought home some nice shrimp. I'm thinking maybe some Scampi. The last time mine worked out well on a bed of wilted spinach, and I'll cook up some rice or pasta for him. We also need a glorified green salad.

I think I forgot to post yesterday-- Grilled a 7 # turkey breast. Set it on a roasting rack inside a disposable pan, like Ross in Ventura made a chuck roast recent. I have always set a turkey directly on the grill previous with a drip pan down by the coals. This worked perfectly.

Dinner tonight was leftover turkey chopped in gravy on mashed potatoes, some leftover broccoli, I don't think broc grills too well, or at least mine didn't. Cranberry sauce. Apple cake for dessert.

Since his work schedule got messed up, pizza, pasta and potatoes from a local buffet.
Tomorrow will be the gorditas I was planning for tonight.

Shrimp Pad Thai here for this afternoon. I'm new at this....using a cheat bottled sauce for this time, and modifying a little from Andy's wonderful sounding recipe, according to what I've got on hand. :yum:

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:
Delicious. :yum: Should be even better next time using more authentic ingredients and with family to share. :)

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 161
Pork belly brined in a mix of honey, rosemary, thyme, garlic, peppercorns, obviously salt, confited in duck fat, then cut into cubes, fat side browned, and cooked in a mod oven until everything was warmed thru, with a side of sliced potatoes, tomatoes, basil shingled.

Baked catfish........

img_1440512_0_1d14a402906df5c5eb6f6acc96916b90.jpg

SC brought home some nice shrimp. I'm thinking maybe some Scampi. The last time mine worked out well on a bed of wilted spinach, and I'll cook up some rice or pasta for him. We also need a glorified green salad.
An excellent dinner. Salad with fresh off the vine tomatoes, and complemented with an Italian Pinot Grigio.

We started with salads that cleaned out the baby spinach and arugula, plus added some romaine and a few garnish veggies (raw mushroom, radish, salad olives and chopped tomato). I had both Italian sausage meat and mushrooms that needed using up. I added more seasoning to the sausage meat and fried that up with onions, then added jarred spaghetti sauce and a little red wine. Mixed with fettuccine and served it up to Himself. I sauteed the mushrooms in a little olive oil, then mixed them with the last of the Alfredo sauce that needed to go. Used up the linguine with that for me.

I ended up making a cheese omelet for the both of us, cut it in half and we both added our choice of salsa and sour cream.

Back
Top Bottom