Dinner, Monday the 19th of October, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm marinating a pork tenderloin in Goya Adobo Criollo (thanks Kayelle) and I'll grill it along with roasted potatoes and a veggie.

What are your plans for dinner?

I just got back from the market with the fixings for a meatloaf; gr. bison and mild sausage. I went through my apple bin and found everybody is okay, but I pulled out several for a potential apple crisp. I don't seem to be able to fire up the oven for just one product. I still have peaches but made a pie yesterday and have signed up for another pie for the pot luck Wednesday so will make the first apple crisp of this season today. Along with the meatloaf and crisp, will make a potato dish of some kind.

I'm marinating a pork tenderloin in Goya Adobo Criollo (thanks Kayelle) and I'll grill it along with roasted potatoes and a veggie.

Actually, I use this Andy, but you can't go wrong with Goya products.
Amazon.com : Goya Mojo Criollo Marinade, 24-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 2) : Marinades And Seasoning Mixes : Grocery & Gourmet Food

I'm grilling a tri tip tonight that's been marinating in the recipe Ross used.
I'll also grill a big basket of veggies, and garlic toast for the SC.

I want your dinner. We're having soup and salad. I made a big pot of minestrone this morning.

That's what I bought, kayelle. I shouldn't have called it adobo criollo.

If you can get "Kirby" brand, you might like it better than Goya. There are 4 or so different brands and of those, in my area, I prefer the Kirby.:yum:

I have a big pot of cabbage soup simmering. Finally used up most of the leftover turkey in it, left the legs out for DH to gnaw on.

Actually, I use this Andy, but you can't go wrong with Goya products.
Amazon.com : Goya Mojo Criollo Marinade, 24-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 2) : Marinades And Seasoning Mixes : Grocery & Gourmet Food

I'm grilling a tri tip tonight that's been marinating in the recipe Ross used.
I'll also grill a big basket of veggies, and garlic toast for the SC.

My supermarket has two full aisles of just Goya products. You would be surprised at how many non-Hispanic folks are in those two aisles. It is not just an ethnic aisle anymore. The public have discovered it. :angel:

Just a three quart saucepan of chicken with rice soup. Made with two legs and boneless thighs. One bowl for me, two for Pirate and the rest for the freezer. :angel:

Italian roast chicken and sausage on a bed of vegetables.

I leave out the tomatoes and the potatoes. Today I added a couple of carrots cut into chunks, a handful of small white mushrooms and a teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes.

For my small version of this recipe I cut up half of a chicken using the little chicken, big family, method! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

First I removed the leg and thigh, separated the drumstick from the thigh, cut the thigh in half, detached the wing leaving part of the breast intact and cut the remaining breast/back into two pieces. This method gives you 12 small pieces of chicken from each bird, great for a buffet or meal where multiple proteins are being offered.

Andy, I didn't think of this the other day but it might be a good choice for SO, no flabby chicken skin and all of the flavor elements of cacciatore.

Chicken, Sausage, Potatoes, And Peppers In The Oven Recipe from Courtenay Palmer

Gnocchi with browned butter, shallots, and truffles from Pan-Seared Potato Gnocchi with Buerre Noissette, Black Summer Truffle, and Manderone Provolone | James Beard Foundation . I subbed out parm for the aged provolone because I didn't feel like making a run to the Italian market. REALLY good, even w/o the truffle slices. Definitely never a weeknight meal again though. Slightly different way to make gnocchi. They did come out really light though.
37240-albums1008-picture6301.jpg

Gnocchi with browned butter, shallots, and truffles from Pan-Seared Potato Gnocchi with Buerre Noissette, Black Summer Truffle, and Manderone Provolone | James Beard Foundation . I subbed out parm for the aged provolone because I didn't feel like making a run to the Italian market. REALLY good, even w/o the truffle slices. Definitely never a weeknight meal again though. Slightly different way to make gnocchi. They did come out really light though.
37240-albums1008-picture6301.jpg

I've never tasted truffles, could you describe the flavor profile ?

Back
Top Bottom