Dinner's A Cookin' Thursday October 22 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
I have a taco meat stuffed green pepper in the oven along with a cast iron pan of corn bread. Will reheat some pinto beans in the nuker. Dinner's ready in 10 more minutes.

DH brought home some broccoli heads yesterday that were discounted due to their age (and further discounted due to his age, it was old folks Wednesday), so it's broccoli beer cheese soup.

Last edited:
Truffles again. Homemade porcini dust flavored pasta with a sauce of olive oil, garlic, grated truffle, S and P, with sliced truffle on top. An OK recipe but not anything I'd make again, would much rather have the eggs cocette, gnocchi, or risotto, which will be 1 of the last 2 truffle meals this tme.

37240-albums1008-picture6306.jpg

Last edited:
Chicken thighs, mushrooms and artichoke hearts cooked in TJ's Many Cloves of Garlic sauce along with a side of string beans.

I had a headache and Stirling was pooped after work, so it was a quick and easy meal here. Spaghetti with marinara sauce from a jar with added fried ground beef and onions from the freezer. The chunk of Grana Padano was put on the table along with the microplane. Pretty darned good for a quick and easy meal.

... broccoli beer cheese soup.
Sounds "yum". :yum: Do you have a favorite recipe?

Dinner Two from yesterday's cook was smothered chicken. While the chicken was heating (and later, when the cheese was melting), I made Brussels sprouts with bacon, and steamed broccoli. Those sprouts were extra good because I scored them at 99 cents/pound!

Attachments

• 2015-10-22 19.15.45.jpg
    2015-10-22 19.15.45.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 178
Sounds "yum". :yum: Do you have a favorite recipe?

Dinner Two from yesterday's cook was smothered chicken. While the chicken was heating (and later, when the cheese was melting), I made Brussels sprouts with bacon, and steamed broccoli. Those sprouts were extra good because I scored them at 99 cents/pound!

Sure. I'll post it. No favorites, every recipe I make is always a new event!

Nice pics, CG and Medtran!

Last edited:
Thanks, Dawg. It really doesn't matter if it's a "favorite", just so long as it's good. Two-bowl good is even better. ;)

CG, you just reminded me, I need to post my cabbage soup recipe before I forget it! DH couldn't get enough of it, and sadly, now it's almost gone.

DH and I are in a lodge at a Virginia state park for the next couple of days. He's leading a professional development class for a group of teachers and I'm along for the trip and to help cook.

Tonight we had leftover chicken enchilada casserole and guacamole & chips. Tomorrow I have much chopping to do to make dinner for 25 or so :LOL:

Pasta and canned spaghetti sauce added ground beef to the sauce. Green beans. Bread with garlic butter.

Had some very bad hot chocolate later. Turns out I need new cocoa and vanilla.

I made a beef soup with barley. I thought I made enough for the two of us and still have enough to go into the freezer. But it was so good we couldn't stop eating it. So now there is just enough for one bowl in the freezer. We will be fighting over who gets it. http://www.heathersanimations.com/farm/cow106.gif

I once made a lamb stew with barley. I brought some to work the next day land gave a small bowl to my boss's father. He loved it so much he drove me back home in the middle of my workday so I could get more for him. Boss was not too happy. :angel:

http://www.heathersanimations.com/farm/sheep99.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom