Pulled Pork stack help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heemskerk

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I really hope someone can help me out with this one.

Last week I ordered a take away Pulled Pork sandwich at a food truck. I have to say this was one of the best sandwiches I ever ate.

The 'stack' was Louisiana style with pulled pork, lettuce, pickled onions... and here it comes... a sauce made out of grilled pineapple and spices.

Since I ordered a take away and ate it at home and I don't know the name of the food truck, I was not able to find the details of the pineapple sauce.

I googled and googled but I am not able to find a sort like sauce when I search for Louisiana and pineapple (only pineapple cake). Is there someone who knows where to find a sort like recipe?

Note: I am from the Netherlands, so the term Louisiana style can be a little relative.

Welcome to DC. "Louisiana Style" may be a reference to the Po Boy sandwich, which originated there. If you search for pineapple based BBQ sauce, there are several recipes available.

Nothing about "stack" that seems remotely like New Orleans.

What dis the sauce taste like? Was it a sauce or a chunkier salsa?

This is a Pineapple Salsa recipe I am using today for Tacos

If you are going to grill pineapple first, slice it or use canned pineapple rings. Very lightly brush both sides of slices with a little olive oil. Grill 1st side direct heat, about 2 minutes. Flip over. You can sprinkle the cooked side with a little brown sugar if you want to. Cook until sugar caramelizes or at least melts.

The Salsa:

1/2 Medium Size Ripe Pineapple --finely diced or chopped, I am using only a few slices.
1 Small Red or Sweet Onion, finely diced
1 Small Green Pepper, diced
1 Lime, juiced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
(wear plastic gloves or put cling film on your hands when working with hot peppers)

1 Red Chili, chopped -- don;t have any today
2 Thai Bird's Eye Chilies, chopped -- don't have any today
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves -- omit today, doesn't fit the flavor I am going for
Jicama or radish, minced -- optional

Combine all and serve or cover and refrigerate.

Nice recipe, Whiska!

Grilled pineapple is awesome on just about anything. Really good with burgers too.

Hi, Heemsterk. Welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

I don't associate pulled pork or pineapple with New Orleans. However, Mexican pulled pork tacos with pickled red onions and pineapple salsa would be pretty good :yum: You might want to do a search with those terms and see what you come up with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom