Dinner 12/6/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Who's cooking?

I am just finishing up a turkey noodle soup, scraped together from the T-day veggie tray, a drumstick and a package of frozen mushroom. Also used some parsley and a bit of minced ginger from the freezer. Added garlic, salt and pepper. Smells wonderful!

I am making loose meat sandwiches, I also am going to make albondigas. With last nights pozole, I should have enough leftovers for lunch all week.

Home made minestrone (had to use up some bacon).
img_1446368_0_944ef3731aaa23c3c57aa84b8fa74dc3.jpg

Your minestroni looks delicious, creative!

We're having Caesar salad with homemade dressing, and extremely garlicky croutons.

Lasagna. Got the sauce on simmer right now. This will be our version of Mac Grill's recipe. It will have layers of seasoned ground beef, Italian sausage, pepperoni and of course pasta and cheese. The cheeses will be provolone and mozzarella. We are making two pans, one tonight and one to freeze.

Kroger has T-bone steaks on sale, so we'll be having those with baked potatoes and green salad. They're big, so I may need to get out the two-burner cast-iron griddle to cook them.

Your minestroni looks delicious, creative!

We're having Caesar salad with homemade dressing, and extremely garlicky croutons.
Thanks. I realised I should have taken a photo of it but then realised it looked exactly like the one I had previously made (hence the date on the photo).

We're going to church tonight for a holiday dinner there. I know there will be turkey but not sure what other dishes will be served. It's just a social gathering for members since things get so hectic this time of year. It's not pot luck either so I don't have to take anything!

I'm just going to throw together a small pot of soup with whatever I can find to use up. So far I think it will consist of white beans, kielbasa, cabbage, carrots, onions, and garlic.

creative, your minestrone soup looks delicious. That needs to go on my menu soon, I love it.

Last edited:
Panko & coconut crusted Mahi-Mahi (baked), w/ rice medley & an oyster shooter topped w/ jalapeno hot sauce pearls.

img_1446402_0_21c82b45d67dd299ae2657438346860f.jpg

Panko & coconut crusted Mahi-Mahi (baked), w/ rice medley & an oyster shooter topped w/ jalapeno hot sauce pearls.

img_1446403_0_21c82b45d67dd299ae2657438346860f.jpg

YUM! S&P that looks WAY ONO!
I love that little mouse lime too!what are the eyes?
If Mac nuts weren't so expensive, I love that on fish too.
Sorry, but I'll pass on the shooter, allergic dontcha know... now a shrimp cocktail, that'll do!

Daughter and SIL were over for dinner, so we went big. Grilled steak tips, baked sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus, cole slaw, dutch oven rosemary and olive oil bread. Dessert was frozen yogurt and brownies.

Great looking and sounding dinners tonight.

Dinner is still in the oven out here. Seasoned pork riblets, and the artichokes we didn't have last night will be cooked soon. I have some broccolini ready to be steamed in the microwave.

Great looking (and sounding) meals, fellow home chefs! I hope my picture fits in, too.

I made, for the first time evah, from-scratch pierogies. Potato and sharp cheddar cheese filling (the only cheese they use around here is Farmer's, and it's so mild, why bother) in a very elastic dough. Once I got the hang of making them it wasn't so bad, but I'm really slow at whatever I do. I think I'll have to keep making these over and over just to get them down pat. ;)

Along with those lovelies, we had kielbasa and sauerkraut plus fresh cabbage, both done in the oven. Himself was in Seventh Heaven with his super-Slavic dinner tonight. This Polish girl can cook. :yum:

Attachments

• 2015-12-06 21.52.56.jpg
    2015-12-06 21.52.56.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 189
Joey - looks great - love the shooter. If you have time, I would still love to have your beef stew recipe.

Hal
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. It's just that I don't really have a recipe! I just cook off the top of my head. I do the same with chili and such. I add what I feel tastes good and just go from there.

Back
Top Bottom