What's for dinner? Monday 12-7-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm going to have the rest of the kielbasa cabbage soup I made yesterday. There's not very much left, so I might have a grilled cheese sandwich with it. Wish I had made more of that soup. :yum:

What's on your plate for this evening? :chef:

This evening for dinner we had a
Vegetable soup with croutons.
Very very hot. My children love it, and so do i

NY sirloin steaks were on sale, so it will be dry brined steak on the grill, rosemary oven fry red potatoes, asparagus, and the leftover red cabbage cole slaw from yesterday.

I am defrosting some Jeff Smith's Italian tomato sauce. Will use up some fancy pasta I got at Tuesday Mornings a while back. Add some Italian (Krogers) meatballs to the sauce. Slice a nice loaf of locally made heavy bread, smear with my garlic in butter, and bake in the oven. Otherwise known as spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread.

10speed's sirloin steaks sound really good. My personal criteria for winter grilling is: Temps above freezing (ck, it's 45F), reasonably sunny day or at least a sunny disposition (ck,) No Wind (ck).

Tonight it's burgers on the grill, campfire potatoes and onions, and green beans.

Last edited:
I'm italian......i know......you can understand it by my mistakes.sorry! But i don't know jeff Smith's Italian tomato sauce.what's it???

Tonight is my annual dinner with the condo board of trustees. SO has picked up a salad for herself.

Last edited:
We'll be having "Fend" for supper. As in "fend for yourself". Protein choices are yesterday's kielbasa, plus pork tenderloin, two turkey mini-meatloaves (about 2 1/2 oz each), and one stuffed cabbage. There are enough leftover pierogi for us to split without arguing, and I'm roasting acorn squash halves. I'm doing mine sweet traditional with a bit of butter and brown sugar. Himself is going to try a half with a spicy baste of cayenne and black pepper, paprika, granulated garlic, and salt in olive oil, then drizzled with a bit of lime juice when he eats it.

NY sirloin steaks were on sale, so it will be dry brined steak on the grill, rosemary oven fry red potatoes, asparagus, and the leftover red cabbage cole slaw from yesterday.
That sounds so good! :yum: Had I seen your post when you first made it, I might have been tempted to wangle your address from you - we could have brought bottles of nice wine and a fancy dessert in exchange for two seats at your table. :LOL: Too late now - your dishes are probably already clean and we live near the CT border...

Now that it is cooked I feel confident in saying we are having pork chops in barbecue sauce, macaroni and cheese, and green beans cooked with a bit of bacon.
And homemade bread.

Dinner

We had boneless brined pork chops and fresh asparagus. I broke out some of Kayelle's dressing from the freezer from Thanksgiving 2014 - delicious!

I got a new Instant Pot 7 in One multi-cooker as an early Christmas present and made butternut squash soup with it. It worked well - I made veggie stock first and used it in the soup. The recipe turned out bland so I seasoned it up with cinnamon, more nutmeg, a bit of cream and - the perfect finish - some apple cider vinegar. Garnished it with toasted sunflower seeds. It was really good.

I also made stuffed shells with lasagna sauce from the freezer. So good.

Last edited:
Fried liver and onions, mashed potatoes, green beans, french dinner roll. The liver was cows liver, which tastes as good as calf's liver I suppose. Cow's liver is a bit thicker than I prefer.

Last edited:
Caslon, I recently had liver and onions with bacon at a local diner because I love the dish and the SC had something else. The thickness is everything with beef liver. I actually warned the waitress if it was over cooked I would send it back. Sure enough, it was over cooked, and I did. They were warned, and it still wasn't right. I much prefer to cook it myself.

Back
Top Bottom