Tonight's dinner? Wed, 12/9/2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Ours is going to be a "mystery" casserole from the freezer, that we actually have figured out is our Cuban Chicken, Corn pie once it has thawed a bit. We either forgot to label it or it came off. Trying to clean out the freezers.

Leftover asparagus and spinach. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet but they're the primary ingredients. Maybe so quinoa too?

I'm planning to grill marinated chicken thighs and serve them with pilaf and a veggie.

I think I'll make a small dish of cheese enchiladas today - maybe 3 or 4. I'd rather have them with a salsa verde but I've only got the red enchilada sauce on hand, so that'll do. Filled with a 4 cheese Mexican blend and topped with Cotija, chopped scallions, and cilantro. :yum:

Not sure of a side yet - maybe a sliced avocado, and the shrimp sprinkled with Arizona Dreaming leftover from yesterday's shrimp tacos.

Grilled chicken served with homemade corn tortillas and cheese.
Side will either be potatoes (need to use some up) or Spanish rice.

Comfort food night. Stuffed peppers, smashed taters, and broc. Stuffing includes the leftover faux risotto from last night, and ground turkey instead of beef to try to keep it a little healthier.

Chicken breast something or other here. Thinking maybe balsamic or Parmesan. Been baking up a storm today!

Hi all! How's everyone doing?

Heh Alix, I'm fairly new here, glad to see ya!

Today was a busy day, no time for much cooking.
Spent the entire day making 4 different cookie dough recipes and 1 batch of my Great Grandmother's REAL Ginger Bread. Stashed everything in the `fridge til manana. I read/saw somewhere that if you let the batter/dough meld so that the spices, flour and all have a chance to relax, you get a better end product, we'll see...

so, back to the topic:

001.JPG

003.JPG

Dearest Niece-In-Law sent us our first Christmas gift and she instructed us to open it upon arrival.
What perfect timing!
Nice, albeit different, crackers, Jalapeno Blood Orange Marmalade, Espresso&Lavender rubbed Cheese, and handmade Salami.
This makes for a wonderful, hefty, snack plate for supper.
Add a glass (or three) of wine for moi please... :stuart:

I've been inspired by the meals posted today....mmm...chili, beef veg barley soup, bean and ham soup, stuffed peppers,...etc. Thanks to all for the inspiration!

Hi Alix. Nice to see you again! :)

kgirl, that's a wonderful looking snack plate. How thoughtful of your niece. Looks great!

I think I'll make a small dish of cheese enchiladas today - maybe 3 or 4. I'd rather have them with a salsa verde but I've only got the red enchilada sauce on hand, so that'll do. Filled with a 4 cheese Mexican blend and topped with Cotija, chopped scallions, and cilantro. :yum:

Not sure of a side yet - maybe a sliced avocado, and the shrimp sprinkled with Arizona Dreaming leftover from yesterday's shrimp tacos.

This. :) I added a scoop of leftover refried beans with salsa. Couldn't finish it all, so there are leftovers for manana. Ate at 4, kitchen cleaned up and closed by 5 and now at 5:30 I get to kick back with a glass or two of wine. :)

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 162
Hey Alix how goes it?? We miss you!

We're having leftover Zuppa Toscano and the SC wants a burger with it so he's off to Carls Jr. for take out.

Beautiful plates tonight!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom