Viking oven help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bulio

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

I have an older Eaton Viking oven, and it was workinf fine until this morning, when I took the faceplate where the heat knobs are to clean it. After that, the oven stopped working. The broil works, so do the elements on the stove, but the oven doesn't work. Any suggestions on what I could try to get this fixed? Thanks

bulio said:
I have an older Eaton Viking oven, and it was workinf fine until this morning, when I took the faceplate where the heat knobs are to clean it. After that, the oven stopped working. The broil works, so do the elements on the stove, but the oven doesn't work. Any suggestions on what I could try to get this fixed? Thanks

Don't know if you've got gas with a pilot light, gas with an electronic ignitor, or electric. If it's gas with a pilot light ... check to make sure the pilot light is lit. If it's gas with an electronic ignitor and you hear the ignitor clicking and it doesn't light, that's one problem ... if it's not clicking, that's another problem. If it's electric, that's another problem. If it's gas with an electric ignitor and it doesn't make any clicking sound, or if it is electric ... you might have either broken a wire going to the knob, our might have shorted it out. You could have gotten moisture into the knob causing it to short out (don't know how you were cleaning), the ignitor could have burned out, or the control could have burned out and it has nothing to do with your cleaning.

You might try contacting the folks at Viking: http://www.vikingrange.com/welcome.html and click on "Contact Us" ... and ask them about it. The more information you can give them about what you've got (the model and/or serial number) the more they will be able to help you.

I'm afraid you're looking at a service call if it's more than just a pilot light being out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom