Beer Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookiemonster1204

Assistant Cook
HI newbie here from New York :)

Question, I followed a recipe for beer bread, when done, the bread tasted like beer): none of the reviews complained about beer taste

any suggestions would be appreciated

thank you
iris

It's all depends on beer. I made the beer bread and even though I used the beer I like I did not like the taste of the bread, so next time I used much lighter beer. I suggest you do the same.

Welcome to DC! Definitely a light beer, as Charlie suggested. Miller Light, Coors Light, other light will all work fine.

Last edited:
Eh, doesn't have to be that light, just lighter than the one you used before. Important thing to use beer you like.

P. S. I just don't like those really, really light beers. They are tasteless.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound snarky, but what did you expect it to taste like? I would expect beer bread to taste like beer. I don't like beer so I wouldn't even consider making this :)

Now, lemon-poppy seed bread - I'm there! :LOL:

As Dawg and Charlie pointed out, a light beer will give you virtually no beer taste. However, the moisture and texture of the bread are great thanks to the yeast in the beer and the amount of liquid used (12 oz). I actually keep a six-pack of Beer-I-Would-Not-Drink :sick: on hand just for the purpose of making beer bread. I did use something strong-flavored the first time because we like beer that tastes like beer, not water. Lesson learned. :LOL: Hence, the supply of dishwater beer.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound snarky, but what did you expect it to taste like? I would expect beer bread to taste like beer. I don't like beer so I wouldn't even consider making this :)

Now, lemon-poppy seed bread - I'm there! :LOL:

I like beer and I like making dark rye bread with beer, but too strong of a beer taste gets even stronger in bread. That's where person has to be careful.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom