What's for dinner? Monday 12-21-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm in the mood for a big loaded up salad, so that's what it'll be. It'll give me a reason to use up what's in the veggie bin, so I can restock with fresh veggies in a couple of days for a big Christmas dinner salad.

I think I'll make a Thousand Island dressing to top it.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

A salad sounds good for tonight Cheryl. We've been eating heavy rich food lately.

Hmm, we have some raw frozen whole shrimp I could get the SC to clean, so nice shrimp salads with some hard cooked eggs sounds good. Naturally I'll poach the shrimp first. lol

We'll be going out to dinner tomorrow for my Bday.

Last edited:
A salad sounds good for tonight Cheryl. We've been eating heavy rich food lately.

Hmm, we have some raw frozen whole shrimp I could get the SC to clean, so nice shrimp salads with some hard cooked eggs sounds good. Naturally I'll poach the shrimp first. lol

We'll be going out to dinner tomorrow for my Bday.

Ooooh....Shrimp Louie! Haven't had that in years. :yum: I have some shrimp in the freezer too - that wonderful salad will be on my after-Christmas menu. Thanks for the idea Kay, and happy birthday eve!

Last edited:
Gosh, remember when Shrimp Louie was on every California menu back in the day?
I was just Googling some recipes, and I happen to have some black olives, asparagus, ripe avocado, in addition to the hard cooked eggs. Think I'll also add some artichoke hearts. Ohhh Yeah!!

Last edited:
Trying to clear the inventory before Christmas.

Tonight will be leftover meatloaf or meatballs "spelunked" from the freezer, as Dawg would say.

Tomorrow will be the other and Wednesday may be a combination of the two! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I was just Googling some recipes, and I happen to have some black olives, asparagus, ripe avocado, in addition to the hard cooked eggs. Think I'll also add some artichoke hearts. Ohhh Yeah!!

Yep, I sure do remember that! That and Crab Louie. Good stuff! Sounds like you have all the classic ingredients on hand - enjoy! :yum:

DH had minor surgery today, for a severely in-grown toenail, so we're taking it easy tonight. I made him some quick nachos earlier and now I'm having some of the leftover pork chile verde over rice with yummy toppings.

005.jpg

Busy, busy, busy day today, so...

TJ's mini Pizza (anchovies for DH) and a side salad, MMM! Perfect!

We had a party last Friday to celebrate MIL's birthday. She wanted surf & turf, and so I made grilled ribeye steaks and lobster tails.

Well, we had TONS of meat leftover, and so I've had steak pretty much every day since the party. I realize it doesn't sound like a terrible problem, but after four days I am tired of it. :neutral:

Tomorrow it will be something new.

Good Golly, this was a great flash back..."Classic California Shrimp Louie" on a fine chopped bed of Romaine lettuce, and the dressing on the side. The lettuce was never the star. Sadly, our Hass avocado needed another day to ripen

img_1448087_0_6848b6ba846cba2d1e2437c5e133aac1.jpg

Last edited:
Still don't have any taste buds - so I had some Caesar Salad and fresh gluten free bread. At least it went down well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom