Dinner Wed. 12/23/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Anybody eating tonight?

We had a late Sushi lunch after the movies today...Bridge of Spies, excellent.

Tonight we're eating the leftovers from last night's fancy dinner out.

What's up at your house?

Last edited:
Panko fried mushrooms, roast pork,peas,1/2 baked potato.

img_1448276_0_ecb8e9a7c2c0b2ba997cfbff17890e4d.jpg

img_1448276_1_23c99f60acedae1a0ed06d73db666abc.jpg

Looks good, Joey. :yum:

Breakfast for dinner this evening - veggie omelette, hash browns, and a fresh fruit salad.

Last edited:
I was busy cooking and baking all day for the next few days, so I really didn't feel like making dinner tonight. Luckily, the pork chile verde I made the few days ago gets better and better as it sits in the fridge, so I made fresh rice with ancho chile powder, ground cumin and Mexican oregano and served the pork over that. Yummy!

Didn't feel like cooking or cleaning up much of a mess so told Craig out or some of the Butoni pasta we got on BOGO a couple of weeks ago that has been in the freezer. He chose out so we tried a new place, a tapas, taco and tequila joint. We had a tapas meal and it was actually pretty good overall. We had Cuban sandwich egg rolls that were a tad bit greasy but really good. Manchego cheese with toast points that was flambé'd, but whew there was still lots of tequila left. You could get wasted on the un-burnt-off tequila in that dish if you let the bread soak it all up. Empanadas with some beef (it had a name but I don't remember) that were okay. The dough was nice and flaky but the beef just didn't do it for me personally, though Craig liked it. I'd try them again with the pork or the cheese options. Fried calamari that was really tender and tasty but the coating wasn't super crisp. I was happy that the calamari itself was good and not rubber bands so the lack of crispness on the coating was forgiven by a long shot, sort of a tempura like coating. Nachos with Mexican pulled pork that I thought were pretty darn good. And a freebie of freshly made plantain chips with a garlic lime sauce that I had to stop myself from eating so I'd have room for everything else. I REALLY wanted to try their churros with dulce de leche ice cream but I was absolutely stuffed. Craig told me to go for it but I told him he'd have to roll me out to the car if I had that on top of everything else. Next time for sure though. The service was great and we intend to go back. It was the Feisty Bull in Coral Springs, FL.

Great pics, S&P and Steve! Nice dinners, all!

We went to one of our favorite Mexican places. DH got the fish fillet of his dreams: freshly caught grilled snapper with butter and lime. Firm, flaky, and absolutely delicious. He can't stop raving about it. I had Cochinita Pibil tacos, which were also wonderful. The restaurant was a little short-handed tonight, and a big table came in right after we did, but a couple margaritas made the wait tolerable.

I always love the nightly dinner thread! It's always great reading.To me it's the essence of Discuss Cooking, even though we don't always cook or do something fancy every night. Great posts tonight, as always. TY.

Last edited:
We had a good, old-fashioned dinner at our daughter's with ALL of us at the table. ♡ I baked a little quarter ham, roasted a pan full of potato cubes too. Steamed broccoli and sauteed summer squash. Only a tiny bit of the ham is left - I forgot how much our kids can eat! :eek: Dessert was sitting around enjoying each other's company. Life is good.

Um my dinner consisted of a couple of handfuls of pretzel chips and 10 truffles (the chocolate kind)! I know, not the most balanced meal :LOL:

Steve - nice looking pizza. you still low carbing? If so, what is the crust?

Thanks, GA. Yes, still doing the low carb thing. The crust is one of the better recipes I've found. It has almond flour, mozzarella, and Italian seasoning. If you're interested, just Google "fat head pizza" and it should come up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom