3 bird roast cooking time 12kg!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrjrichards

Assistant Cook
Have had a good browse most places saying about 50mins per kg of meat, it's 12kg so that would mean a whole 10hrs of cooking on 180! Is this an accurate assumption or would it be a silly amount of time? Much appreciated!

Have had a good browse most places saying about 50mins per kg of meat, it's 12kg so that would mean a whole 10hrs of cooking on 180! Is this an accurate assumption or would it be a silly amount of time? Much appreciated!

You are not roasting a 12kg bird. You are roasting three 4kg birds. That said, 3+ hours for birds that size seems like a lot. What type of birds are they? Why your oven temperature?

Right I see well the duck weighs 2.5 kg the turkey is 7.7 and the chicken is 2, kilos that is. But the chicken and duck is inside the fat turkey. So surely it will take longer to cook? Thanks again

Right I see well the duck weighs 2.5 kg the turkey is 7.7 and the chicken is 2, kilos that is. But the chicken and duck is inside the fat turkey. So surely it will take longer to cook? Thanks again

We are happy to answer your questions. But giving us all the facts really helps so we don't have to waste time guessing what you are doing.

So you are making a turducken type recipe. I assume there are various stuffings involved as well. If that's case, I would roast at a lower temperature. I would expect it to take about 8 hours to cook.

Ok yep could have provided more details this is more on behalf of mother, I assumed all 3 bird roasts would be identical in design. Will go for 8 then and potentially cook it on 170 deg C. It is fan assisted. And yes it is packed with stuffing. Cheers for the help!

Back
Top Bottom