Slow cooker conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Froggychef

Assistant Cook
I got my first slow cooker I got this soup recipe. I attached photo. How would I cook this on slow cooker?

Attachments

• 20160116_204234.jpg
    20160116_204234.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 249
Basically cooking on low for 6 to 8 hours will take the place of the boiling/shorter cooking time of the original recipe. Plus the recipe will taste a lot better cooked in the crockpot.

Those aren't the type of beans that need to be first boiled to remove the toxins? I guess only kidney beans have that toxin? Unless you buy canned kidney beans.

Last edited:
Basically cooking on low for 6 to 8 hours will take the place of the boiling/shorter cooking time of the original recipe. Plus the recipe will taste a lot better cooked in the crockpot.

Those aren't the type of beans that need to be first boiled to remove the toxins? I guess only kidney beans have that toxin? Unless you buy canned kidney beans.

So just add everything into crock pot and cook? What about water don't you use less broth and water? Since doesn't evoprate

So just add everything into crock pot and cook? What about water don't you use less broth and water? Since doesn't evoprate

Yeah I'd cut down the water by about half. You can always check the thickness of the chili and adjust (add more water) as it cooks.

I love soups. I use the crock pot, (slow cooker) a lot. Here are the complete steps which I have been following. So let’s get started.
Place the frozen chicken in the bottom of your crock pot.
Open the black beans and put them in the colander. Rinse the beans
and add them to the crock pot.
Open the tomatoes and pour them on top of the beans.
Open the corn and drain them in the colander.
Add the corn on top of the tomatoes, and add ½ cup water to provide the right amount of moisture to cook your chili.
Add the 3 seasoning powders, the ranch dressing mix, the chili powder and the ground cumin.
Use your spoon to mix everything together.
Next add dabs of cream cheese to the top of the mixture, using the whole package.
Put on the lid and plug in the slow cooker. Turn it on low and cook undisturbed for 6-8
At the end of 6-8 hours remove the lid and stir until the cream cheese is all melted in and the chicken is all broken up, mixing everything together.
Serve with corn bread or chips or biscuits. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom