Hell's Kitchen current season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd_1138

Sous Chef
Anybody watching the current season? I am rooting for Kristin or Meese. Besides the food and cooking, the behind the scenes stuff is pretty interesting like a reality show.

There's usually the macho guy who thinks he has a chance to "hook up" with some of the ladies. :) My wife rolled her eyes when that one guy was putting the moves on Ashley. She did let him massage her legs/feet after the long day the ladies had (had to clean a bunch of fish). Not like she can leave and go and get a professional massage, lol. I think they're pretty much stuck there.

They seem to have the basic dishes pretty much down -- risotto, beef wellington, etc... I mean come on, they should practice that stuff before appearing on the show. Ramsay's menu is always the same -- classic fine dining. On last year's show, a lot of them were still messing up risottos.

And it always seems that most of them smoke -- season after season. I guess cooks and chefs like to smoke. Step out back of the kitchen and smoke 'em if you got them.

Last edited:
I've been watching it. I don't think Meese is going to last much longer if she keeps throwing out perfectly cooked food ;) And I'm probably biased, but I can't imagine giving that much responsibility (running one of his restaurants) to a 25-year-old.

I've been watching it. I don't think Meese is going to last much longer if she keeps throwing out perfectly cooked food ;) And I'm probably biased, but I can't imagine giving that much responsibility (running one of his restaurants) to a 25-year-old.

Yeah that was weird throwing away all those Beef Wellingtons. I think she said she threw them away because the lady on garnish kept messing up and not communicating times that things would be ready, so Meese already had the Wellingtons done. So I guess they were over cooked because she had to leave them in the oven longer and had to let them rest longer?

I guess the chefs could have eaten those Wellingtons? Not sure how they handle that in Hell's Kitchen. I know I wouldn't mind eating a slightly overdone Wellington. (I've never had one, lol).

Gordon pulled them out of the trash and cut them open - they were all fine. She assumed they were overcooked, but she didn't check. She almost went home for that.

Ya, GR always demands the ingredients used must be fresh and be respected and treated like they are intended for a 'fine dining' restaurant.
I guess that's one of the first things he was taught when he moved to France to learn Classic French cooking techniques/recipes in some of the finest French restaurants in the country.
No 'short-cuts, no 'substitutions' no cheating.
GR didn't get where he is today by tolerating anything but the best in his restaurants.

I really wonder where they find these cooks, just don't understand how they can be so bad, but called exec. chef's in their jobs. The show is almost a take off the other show, Worst Chef's.

I really wonder where they find these cooks, just don't understand how they can be so bad, but called exec. chef's in their jobs. The show is almost a take off the other show, Worst Chef's.

I agree. I imagine a lot of them are chosen due to being able to create drama on the show. And I think some are chosen for their good looks, then you got the weirdos who can barely make a grilled cheese sandwich, so they get yelled at.

Some are decent chefs. Also, perhaps the cameras and the nerves (being yelled at by Ramsay) might perhaps throw them off their game. If they're back in Indiana or whatever making a steak at a steakhouse, there's way less pressure.

Is "dear" GR still as foul mouthed as ever? I can't stand his ridiculous antics.

Yeah he drops a lot of F bombs. I think it's more accepted in the UK; I think it's a little on the cheeky side and seen as entertaining there, but it's not seen as taboo as it does in the USA.

Europe is different. They can pretty much curse on regular TV and soap/shampoo commercials show nude people, but their shows don't have as much violence as ours do. I've never been to Europe; I am sure others can explain it better.

Last edited:
GR is able to tone it down on Master Chef Junior, and he clearly likes the little kids.

I'm no prude, but with him being a father himself, I wonder if he minds his own kids using his language? Personally, I view someone who consistently uses that offensive language as not very bright. jmo

Kayelle, one of the Benedictine monks Himself had for English in high school made an interesting point with the young men. He would remind them that with around one million words in the English language, there was no excuse for using cuss words, ever. That point has stuck with him for fifty years, and he rarely utters even the lightest of swear words.

Those kids are cute on that show.
I've never been interested in watching any of Ramsey's other shows, but the promos they do for the kids' version do look cute. Still not cute enough to have me watching them, though. I'm not much of a TV watcher.

He's not anywhere near as bad even on Master Chef (the adult version) as he is on HK. We watched the latest episode of HK on "On Demand" last night and I told Craig I was surprised he hadn't resorted to using "fat cow" with some of them like he has done previously.

I hope it's just nerves and pressure that cause some of them to make the mistakes they do. I would think his staff checks resumes and references before they extend the acceptance to participate, especially with an executive chef's position as the prize, although I saw in an article a while back that's not always guaranteed since at least one of the "winners" never got her job apparently.

Maybe it's me, but... Given the way that FN treated Paula Dean, (am not saying she is innocent btw) and they let GR get away with such a filthy mouth and most of all being so demeaning to everyone, I just don't understand it.

Maybe it's me, but... Given the way that FN treated Paula Dean, (am not saying she is innocent btw) and they let GR get away with such a filthy mouth and most of all being so demeaning to everyone, I just don't understand it.

A: GR is not directing his cursing at any particular race of people. He seems to curse and demean equally across the board.

B: GR is not on Food Network. Other networks don't have to follow FN's policy guidelines.

He's not on the Food Network, he's on Fox. That explains a lot.

3 or 4 of Bostons better chefs, well-trained, competent and successful have been on so not everyone is a dud.

This season though... Good lord I'd last until the top 8! They all seem like young, clueless morons.

And why is Christina leading the women's brigade????

It's way too early to pick out a leader or even a dark horse. Meese will likely be gone soon, though ....

Back
Top Bottom