What'cha eatin? 2-2-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are having red wine and garlic homemade sausage in a ragu with criminis, onions, garlic, tomato over cheesy polenta, with some extra parm on top!

Last edited:
Having a few friends over for shrimp and corn gumbo, along with Dutch oven rosemary and olive oil bread and a green salad. Dessert will be frozen yogurt and fresh blueberries.

The groundhog most definitely saw his shadow here today - blue sky and temps in the mid-40s.

Have no idea. We're burned out on chicken chili and potato salad, 4 days is probably long enough. I froze most of the remaining CC. We had taco Tuesday for lunch. Will be looking here for inspiration. So far, so good, I do have some sausage, and there may be some shrimp residing in the basement freezer.

Last edited:
DH is teaching and DS has rehearsal so I'm on my own. I'm thinking of either making a grilled turkey sandwich or reheat the one burger left over from last night. I'll add some cottage cheese and pretzels.

Ended up using cream cheese, ricotta and fontina for the polenta, bits of leftover cheeses from other uses. I think I like it better with Italian sausage. Craig just likes it. We always forget how good this is and don't make it nearly enough.

37240-albums1008-picture6362.jpg

My brother stopped by around 11, so I threw together a plate of goodies and we ate all afternoon. :)

I thawed out and warmed up some meat loaf and pulled pork from the freezer, got out some smoked ham and provolone, set out some French rolls, and we built sandwiches. Cole slaw from the deli from yesterday, assorted pickles and olives, and potato chips rounded it out. Tonight's dinner will be snacking from the leftovers.

That looks and sounds sooo good Med!!

I'm going to do some sort of stir fry with fresh veggies packaged from TJ's and a can of cubed Teriyaki Spam. That should send the culinary world on it's ear. :LOL: Jasmine rice for the SC.

Looks GREAT S and P. Try smoked moz and just a touch of red pepper flakes in the spinach. Pumps it up a notch or 2 or 3. I LOVE this pizza and was so glad I tried it from an on-line fiction I read long ago.

Thanks GG and Kay. I mixed up the cornmeal, 1/3 coarse (went in first) and 2/3 fine, and cooked the polenta a good 35-45 minutes, maybe even closer to an hour. I started the polenta first and kept stirring in between cutting up the sauce ingredients and while cooking the sauce. Think I may up the coarse to 2/3, fine 1/3 next time cause you couldn't even tell there was coarse grind in there.

Looks GREAT S and P. Try smoked moz and just a touch of red pepper flakes in the spinach. Pumps it up a notch or 2 or 3. I LOVE this pizza and was so glad I tried it from an on-line fiction I read long ago.

I did use red pepper flakes but no smoked mozz. Not till it warms up, LOL
then we smoke.

S&P that pizza looks awesome!

I tried out a new mac & cheese tonight - spinach, artichoke, Tex-Mex cheese, Parmesan, milk and a few red chili flakes. It was quite good and very filling.

TB is the one with the flu today so the poor guy had some rice and several cups of hot lemon water (that worked for me yesterday)

Mmmm...good looking dinners, Joey and medtran!

LP...your loaded up mac and cheese sounds good....sending best wishes for a speedy recovery for TB. :)

We had leftovers. I was out running errands so late there was no time to cook. I think I would rather have licked plates at medtran or S&P's house. :yum: Those dishes look great.

Groundhog...
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say this - post 5, huh? Today would have been perfect for a "ground chuck" based meal, though. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom