Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Monday, 2-8-2016 ~ Happy Chinese New Year! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-monday-2-8-2016-happy-chinese-new-year-95030.html)

Cooking Goddess 02-08-2016 05:32 PM

Dinner Monday, 2-8-2016 ~ Happy Chinese New Year!

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. Who has Chinese food on their plates?

I'm hoping to get pineapple fried rice made for dinner tonight. Tried it for the first time last year and was surprised how very much I liked it! Even Himself thought it was yummy. Rather than send him out to pick some up from our favorite Thai place, five miles and at least five steep hills away (it's been snowing all day), I have everything I need to make it. Except if I don't cook the danged rice soon it won't be chilled enough for the fried rice. Better get hoppin'! :lol: ~ If all else fails, we have soup. Boy, do we have soup!

Dawgluver 02-08-2016 05:47 PM

Love pineapple fried rice! :yum:

I'm thinking tuna casserole here.

Aunt Bea 02-08-2016 05:58 PM

I made a small pot of split pea soup this morning, I will have that with the last of my red pepper strips and dip.

Zhizara 02-08-2016 06:08 PM

I'm planning on fried chicken livers and yellow squash.

jabbur 02-08-2016 06:10 PM

Got broccoli cheese soup going and will have sandwiches with it. Had dental work this afternoon and I'm still numb.

tenspeed 02-08-2016 07:49 PM

Snowing again tonight, so it's comfort food. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and broc. Makes me feel like a kid again.

Kayelle 02-08-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess (Post 1454801)
Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. Who has Chinese food on their plates?

I'm hoping to get pineapple fried rice made for dinner tonight. Tried it for the first time last year and was surprised how very much I liked it! Even Himself thought it was yummy. Rather than send him out to pick some up from our favorite Thai place, five miles and at least five steep hills away (it's been snowing all day), I have everything I need to make it. Except if I don't cook the danged rice soon it won't be chilled enough for the fried rice. Better get hoppin'! :lol: ~ If all else fails, we have soup. Boy, do we have soup!

Spread out the rice on a cookie sheet and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes.

We're having "clean out fridge" night here. I'd like some salad though.

Cheryl J 02-08-2016 07:56 PM

Pineapple fried rice sounds good.

No Chinese dinner here tonight, although that might have to be on the menu soon. :yum: Tonight's dinner is leftover grilled chicken from yesterday, a small potato salad I made this morning, and a loaded up green salad with lots of crunchy veggies.

Andy M. 02-08-2016 08:13 PM

I made a batch of minestrone soup. We had some ciabatta bread and butter with it.

Lance Bushrod 02-08-2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhizara (Post 1454806)
I'm planning on fried chicken livers and yellow squash.

Dang, I love fried chicken livers but it's too late to run out and get some.

Tonight it's clam chowder from a can, but good.

Cheers!