Ms. Mofet's Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce

4 TBSP Butter
4 TBSP Flour
4 - 6 Fresh garlic cloves - chop fine, pressed or grated with a micro plane rasp style grater - to taste
1/2 & 1/2 and/or milk
Salt
Ground black pepper
Dry mustard
Dash cayenne - optional
Fresh parsley - chopped fine - to taste

In a pot, melt 4 TBSP butter over medium heat. Add grated fresh garlic and cook gently till soft.
Add 4 TBSP flour to make a roux and cook (may added more flour to achieve a thick constancy), whisk briskly to remove any lumps.
Add salt, ground pepper, dry mustard and cayenne to taste.
Slowly add the 1/2 & 1/2 and/or milk and whisk briskly after each addition to prevent lumps.
Add enough milk to make a smooth medium thick consistency.
Lower heat to low and simmer 2 minutes.
Add fresh parsley and toss.
Pour over pasta (I like mini bowties or small shells the best) or egg noodles (pictured below). You may add baby sweet peas if desired to add flavor and color to dish.

img_1456178_0_a103d3551f4d81676ed47433eccdf4c3.jpg

Served with cold string bean salad and lamb chop (pan seared then simmered in lemon juice, chicken stock, fresh garlic and gravy master till tender and liquid reduces)

img_1456178_1_f169e086fa7a0c8a25fc36a5081b5564.jpg

Last edited:
I need to go shopping later. I think this will be on the menu (made with Bariila mini bow ties) not sure about meat but spinach will probably be the veg. I also feel like French Onion soup but it will be cheat soup using a canned soup.

Last edited:
I need to go shopping later. I think this will be on the menu (made with Bariila mini bow ties) not sure about meat but spinach will probably be the veg. I also feel like French Onion soup but it will be cheat soup using a canned soup.

Instead of meat how about tossing in a handful of shrimp! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom