Recipe websites that will waste your time - in a good way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We love DC - that's why a lot of us hang around here a lot! However, we all know other recipe sites that we'll pop into for "just a minute", and then find out an hour has flown by when we next look at the clock. Rather than casually mention them in passing while posting in a dinner thread or elsewhere, I figured it might be nice to have one go-to thread...until it gets lost and forgotten. Like some of our recipes!

Which brings me to a site I enjoy, mostly because it seems to have a lot of those lost recipes. I found one for the waffle batter our son's kindergarten teacher used on the day they learned about "W". It was "Wonderful Waffle Day". And these waffles ARE wonderful (if this is the same recipe she used).

Here is the most delightful site:

Uncle Phaedrus - Finder of Lost Recipes

Time for you all to share your favorites, please.

I have been using Pinterest more and more. I have sort of a love/hate relationship with them but I do like to create custom searches and also look at what other people have put together. I am currently going through "School Lunch Lady Recipes", lots of memories! :yum:

There are some good ones here, thanks for sharing, all. I've been looking through them, I'm sure some will end up in my faves. :)

I usually go to Allrecipes first, because often I'm looking for something a little different with ingredients I already have, and I like to read the reviews.

Here's another one....
Fifteen Spatulas

I'm a bad cooker, so I usually check the BBC ...which sometime give me problems, so I end up ordering from ChefOnline .
I'm not the best chef, but hopefully I will learn a lot from you guys!

I use Twitter. I follow a bunch of food websites and they bombard me with recipes and articles.

NYT Food
Saveur
epicurious
Bon Appetit
Food & Wine
The Kitchn
Food52
Serious Eats

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom