Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Herbs and Spices (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f132/)
-   -   Favorite spice or herb? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f132/favorite-spice-or-herb-95253.html)

Milan 03-13-2016 12:33 AM

Favorite spice or herb?
 
if you can only pick one, what is your favorite spice/herb? mine is saffron.

Capt Lightning 03-19-2016 09:54 AM

Tough choice. I think mine would be corriander.

CraigC 03-19-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Lightning (Post 1459400)
Tough choice. I think mine would be corriander.

Then you have two in one, the fresh (cilantro) and the seeds (coriander).:wink:

IMO, you can't narrow down a favorite, because so many work well in combo.

GotGarlic 03-19-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigC (Post 1459405)
IMO, you can't narrow down a favorite, because so many work well in combo.

Agreed. I have around a hundred herbs, spices and blends in my cabinets. I couldn't possibly pick a single one.

Here are a couple similar discussions we have had:

- http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ces-83477.html

- http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ces-61678.html

Cheryl J 03-19-2016 01:33 PM

I have a ton also - there's no way I could pick just one! :ermm::smile:

rodentraiser 03-19-2016 02:53 PM

This one's easy - salt.

Wait...salt is a spice, isn't it?

GotGarlic 03-19-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentraiser (Post 1459422)
This one's easy - salt.

Wait...salt is a spice, isn't it?

No, it's a mineral. It's the only rock people eat :wink:

Lance Bushrod 03-19-2016 04:33 PM

Paprika:ermm:

Cooking Goddess 03-19-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotGarlic (Post 1459432)
No, it's a mineral. It's the only rock people eat :wink:

Well, unless you forget to sort through your bag of beans before using them...

Himself asked me one time why I bother doing that. A minute later, I was able to produce not only a tiny stone (that would have felt like a boulder had he bitten into it) but a teeny bit of a soil clump. So nice of those beans to provide a visual. :smile:

GotGarlic 03-19-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess (Post 1459435)
Well, unless you forget to sort through your bag of beans before using them...

Himself asked me one time why I bother doing that. A minute later, I was able to produce not only a tiny stone (that would have felt like a boulder had he bitten into it) but a teeny bit of a soil clump. So nice of those beans to provide a visual. :smile:

All riiiiiight. It's the only rock people eat *deliberately* :wink:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.