Dinner Monday, 3-14-2016 ~ Want pi(e) with that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a crust chilling the fridge right now. My maiden attempt making crust with my food processor. Looks like we won't have pie for dessert (doesn't look like my usual hand-made crust...:ermm: ).

Dinner will be good, though. I have two chickens I'll roast, one for dinner+ and one for a big pot of soup. I'll also roast a bunch of carrots, quick-cook asparagus, and maybe use a couple of dried-up rolls from the freezer to make a small casserole of "stuffing".

Will you have pie with your dinner tonight? :yum:

Instead of pie for/with dinner, I've decided to honor the the day by giving SO some circle-related geometry problems to solve.

Dinner will be Chinese pepper steak (with mushrooms and onions) over rice.

Last edited:
Much as I'd love to have this.... :LOL:
32398_510204369000579_1389157728_n.jpg

....I'll be warming up the rest of the fajita fixin's from yesterday and re-wrap them in a fresh flour tortilla. The avocado I wanted yesterday is a little riper today, so that will be a side. I'll also add the fresh cilantro to the fajita fixin's that I forgot to add yesterday. :rolleyes::)

Instead of pie for/with dinner, I've decided to honor the the day by giving SO some circle-related geometry problems to solve.

If DH even attempted that, he would be sleeping on the couch for a loooonnnggg time.

I have a feeling we'll be going out for a nice filet mignon at a semi-local restaurant.

Roast chicken (on the vertical roasting rack), Lundberg's wild rice blend with diced bacon and mushrooms tossed in, and asparagus. I think the asparagus will get roasted as well.

The rest of the grilled burgers from yesterday and the first of a large batch of cole slaw. Why can't I ever make a reasonable sized cauldron of this stuff?

It has never occurred to me to make extra burgers for leftovers...

It was not our intention. When we went shopping for the ground beef, the smallest package was 1.7 pounds of the preferred grind. So I pattied up the whole package and DH grilled them. They were quite tasty reheated in the microwave.

How did SO take her gift/assignment?

No pi/pie here. We had Greek style hoagies made with some super thin sliced sirloin Craig found at Penn Dutch a week or 2 ago. Marinated with Worchestershire, rosemary, LOTS of garlic, S and P, and olive oil. Dressed with feta cheese cubes marinated in a red wine vinegar, oil, oregano vinegarette. Oven fried steak fries and finally made our crispy onion strings.
37240-albums1008-picture6383.jpg

Good looking dinners. Steve, your tenderloin looks drool-worthy. Glad to see you got your cooking mojo back.

Pie never happened. I might try to do something with the crust tomorrow, but I didn't feel hopeful when Himself took a look at it and said "that doesn't look too promising...".

However, to make sure that I didn't feel like a failure in my kitchen, I spatchcocked a chicken for the first time. :w00t: Wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I've been imagining. Now I have 1 1/2 birds to divide for other meals. Later. They can cool their heels in the 37-degree sun room while I kick mine up to watch NCIS LA with no Castle tonight. (The bird looked nicer, but florescent lighting doesn't do justice to a lady's complexion.)

Attachments

• 2016-03-14 20.45.13.jpg
    2016-03-14 20.45.13.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 2016-03-14 20.58.08.jpg
    2016-03-14 20.58.08.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom