What's for dinner? 3-15-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
It's spring break and I have 5 year old Tyler all day this week. Love the little guy but he wears me out! :LOL:

Pretty sure it's going to be Taco Tuesday for dinner. I have some leftover skirt steak to use up from fajitas a couple of nights ago.

What's on your plate? :chef:

Homemade Pasties w/ left over veggies & roast beef.

img_1459094_0_68269c31dd62e274a7d3e961ddf42e6c.jpg

img_1459094_1_f1376d80b17d34f860d614e4052bf4fb.jpg

img_1459094_2_cf1c8927b21d19f6affe5e7c3e8b45f1.jpg

img_1459094_3_7e9d2e3ae41080c04b7f212ba1193726.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up some thick pork chops yesterday. They're sitting in some Chinese Five-Spice Powder and I'm going to pan-fry them. I'll serve them with long-grain & wild rice made with chicken broth seasoned with a star anise pod and asparagus simmered in chicken broth and oyster sauce.

Inspired by PF's recent low carb company meal, I'm doing Almond flour Crusted Chicken Piccata tonight, but with an egg wash between coatings. I've been brineing a HUGE Dolly Parton chicken breast, and I'll split it lengthwise before pounding it some. SC will have his on top of rice, and mine will be on wilted spinach. Glorified salads for both of us.

Here's the recipe for anyone interested...
http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2015/03/low-carb-nut-crusted-chicken-piccata.html

Last edited:
......pretty sure it's going to be Taco Tuesday for dinner. I have some leftover skirt steak to use up from fajitas a couple of nights ago......

Yum! Homemade pico de gallo on the side to top them off - that didn't make it into the pic. :)

img_1459112_0_36ca44ee86fef3938b2c0a18e5d2e0ee.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up some thick pork chops yesterday. They're sitting in some Chinese Five-Spice Powder and I'm going to pan-fry them. I'll serve them with long-grain & wild rice made with chicken broth seasoned with a star anise pod and asparagus simmered in chicken broth and oyster sauce.

That was good :yum:

Attachments

• 1458096201021.jpg
    1458096201021.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 148
  • 1458096215794.jpg
    1458096215794.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 143
Great looking meals tonight Joey, and Cheryl.

Inspired by PF's recent low carb company meal, I'm doing Almond flour Crusted Chicken Piccata tonight, but with an egg wash between coatings. I've been brineing a HUGE Dolly Parton chicken breast, and I'll split it lengthwise before pounding it some. SC will have his on top of rice, and mine will be on wilted spinach. Glorified salads for both of us.

Here's the recipe for anyone interested...
Low Carb Grain-Free Chicken Piccata | All Day I Dream About Food

This recipe surprised me big time and I enjoyed it so much more with the almond flour breading than I have in the past with flour. The sauce was spot on, and worthy of a 4 four star restaurant. I did use half Chick.broth and half white wine. Hard to believe that one DP breast fed both of us. Well, it weighed 1 lb. :ermm:
img_1459114_0_12ed0496c234305f7da955e6568363a1.jpg

Last edited:
This was restaurant quality

This recipe surprised me big time and I enjoyed it so much more with the almond flour breading than I have in the past with flour. The sauce was spot on, and worthy of a 4 four star restaurant. I did use half Chick.broth and half white wine. Hard to believe that one DP breast fed both of us. Well, it weighed 1 lb. :ermm:
img_1459115_0_12ed0496c234305f7da955e6568363a1.jpg
I was totally impressed with the way the dish came out, considering it was the first time Kayelle made it. It was excellent!!!!

img_1459117_0_12ed0496c234305f7da955e6568363a1.jpg

Looks delish! I wish I liked spinach more.

Yup, more good pics and meals from the DC crowd. Love it!

GG, we can't eat cooked spinach unless it's in a pot of soup. Sauteed/steamed leaves the back of our teeth all chalky feeling. Yuck! We do love it raw in salads, though.

No pics from me, unless you want me to pull out the leftovers and take their photo. I made a huge pot of soup with Italian sausage, navy beans, onions and Swiss chard.

A neighbor friend is having hernia surgery sometime soon-ish, and his wife is my friend who absolutely loves it when I gift her with homemade soup. His doc told him that soup would be the easiest thing for him to digest, so I'm laying in a supply of quarts in my freezer to get over to them after he gets patched up. She said if I run out of room in the freezer she'll take the stock so I can keep cooking! :LOL: Little does she know I'm using this to empty out the older proteins from my freezer so I can start all over again when sales pop up. When the soups go, the old water-filled juice containers move in.

Used the leftover roasted garlic cream sauce to make a chicken with pasta dish. Seasoned and browned some chicken thighs in olive oil and set them aside (not fully cooked). Added some sliced onion to the pan to soften. When they were almost done I added sliced criminis. When the mushrooms were slightly soft, I deglazed with some pinot gris and added the cream sauce. The chicken went back in and I covered the pan to finish cooking. Served over fettuccine and fresh grated parm to taste. Had a salad as a first course.

Back
Top Bottom