Dinner Wednesday, 3-16-2016 ~ Saving your appetites for tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Is everyone so excited about St. Paddy's Day that they forgot about...today? :huh:

Nothing too exciting here, but still filling. I made salads for us, then we worked our way through leftovers. Himself polished off most of the pork roast, finishing off the mashed potatoes and 'kraut. I cleaned up the un-stuffing, along with a little bit of chicken. I'll have an orange in a little bit to fulfill the "produce" requirement.

What did you have this hump day?

French Canadian Beef Ragu, with a mixed salad
JrhZ98o.jpg

Last edited:
Nope..this was an outstanding dinner day. Turf and Surf.
Bacon wrapped filet Mignon with seared scallops. Thanks to the wonderful advice recently on scallops I requested, they turned out great!..barely opaque, and tender after I cooked the beef filet. After removing the beef, I added a bit of wine to deglaze and simmer to nothing, and then added a bit of butter to the pan for the scallops. They seared beautifully.and it was an outstanding meal with roasted asparagus, and garlic toast for the SC.

Sorry, no pictures but it was deeeeelicious.

Cheesesteak sammies from some beautiful almost paper-thin sliced sirloin that Craig found at Penn Dutch. Mushies, red bell slices, onions for me plus Muenster, the same for Craig with the addition of green bell slices also for Craig. Tater Tot Crowns for a side.

Back
Top Bottom