Lemon Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MotherOfDragons

Assistant Cook
Hello!
Thought I would post this recipe!
This is a really quick and simple recipe i have come up with and i hope you enjoy it! There is only a couple of ingredients that are easy to find so is budget friendly.

My Lemon Chicken

Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes Serves: 4

What you will need:
4 large breasts of chicken (skins still on)
2 heaped tsp dried thyme
1 Large lemon
2 tbsp clear runny honey
2 tbsp of water

How to make it:
1.Preheat the grill to high
2.Lightly oil a shallow heatproof dish.
3. Place the chicken breasts in to the dish, skin side facing down
4. Season the breasts with salt and pepper.
5. Grill for 5 minutes.
6. While the chicken is grilling, cut four thin slices from the lemon.
7. Then turn the chicken fillets over so skin is now facing up place a slice of lemon over the top of each chicken breast.
8. Sprinkle the dried thyme over the top of the chicken and add more seasoning,
9. Then drizzle over the honey and juice squeezd from remaining half of lemon and 2 round tbsp of water.
10. Return chicken to the grill for 10 minutes more, until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through.
Serve with rice or buttered new potatoes and greens ( broccoli and peas are good)

Enjoy

Welcome MotherOfDragons :flowers:, and thank you for sharing your recipe! I love thyme and lemon with chicken, and think I could adapt this one for my outdoor grill. Sounds great. :yum:

Haha, thank you, we have alot of different dialects here to grasp too.

I do have trouble understanding the folks from York and further north. We get a plethora of TV programs from England, and there are times when I can't understand a word that is being said. But that doesn't stop me from watching.

I also married a fellow from the Lakes District in Cockermouth. It was easier for me to learn Latin in school, than to try to figure out what he was saying to me. The best one was when he changed the "Nappy" on the baby. "What do I do with the dirty one?" I had no idea what he was talking about, so I told him to just put it away. Imagine my surprise when I opened the drawer to get a clean one later and saw what he had done with the "Dirty Nappy!" :angel:

I do have trouble understanding the folks from York and further north. We get a plethora of TV programs from England, and there are times when I can't understand a word that is being said. But that doesn't stop me from watching.

I also married a fellow from the Lakes District in Cockermouth. It was easier for me to learn Latin in school, than to try to figure out what he was saying to me. The best one was when he changed the "Nappy" on the baby. "What do I do with the dirty one?" I had no idea what he was talking about, so I told him to just put it away. Imagine my surprise when I opened the drawer to get a clean one later and saw what he had done with the "Dirty Nappy!" :angel:

Hahahaha! And I'm from York :D

The Southerners with there Rhyming slang gives me the giggles and still confuses me!

"Just going down the apple n pears as the dog n bone is ringing" *picks up the blower* "Hello, is that Dave" "What! Can't hear you!" "Och, are ye Corned Beef or something"

The Southerners with there Rhyming slang gives me the giggles and still confuses me!

"Just going down the apple n pears as the dog n bone is ringing" *picks up the blower* "Hello, is that Dave" "What! Can't hear you!" "Och, are ye Corned Beef or something"

My husband taught me some of the cockney talk. "Isn't it bad enough that I don't know what you are talking about, and now you want me to learn yet another language?" It must have stuck because I knew exactly what you wrote. :angel:

Ok what does that mean?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom