What's for dinner? Sat, March 19, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Dinner tonight was something I haven't made for quite a while: Beef Panang Coconut Curry. I had forgotten how easy this is to throw together.

What's everyone else having?

img_1459436_0_96acfc9932444e28f33bba40d5678412.jpg

Looks good, Steve. :)

I made a potato salad earlier today. I'll be having a little of that and a steamed artichoke with lemon butter.

I bought a porterhouse steak Thursday. I will make a tossed salad and grill the steak for dinner tonight. It'll be nice to get this meal today as tomorrow were scheduled for a snowstorm tomorrow into Monday.

I completely forgot that I had a doctor's appointment, a memorial service and an MRI scheduled for Thursday afternoon and early evening, so I'm making our belated St. Patrick's Day dinner tonight. I have lamb chops in a dish absorbing salt and a bowl of minced herbs and garlic ready to rub on them before I sear them.

I also have Cheddar-herb boxty ready to be cooked and Brussels sprouts from the farmers market ready to be browned and braised in Penzeys Fox Point seasoning. Aren't they purty? :yum:

Attachments

• 1458428349325.jpg
    1458428349325.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 134
We collected the two oldest BIL's and had them over for dinner. We made a full meal deal with braised corned beef, cabbage, carrots and 'taters.

Good lookin' little sprouts there, GG. I had to look up 'boxty'. Ahhh...potato cakes! :yum:

Rock, your shrimp and rice dish looks really good. Great sounding dinners all around tonight, as usual!

Last edited:
.....I made a potato salad earlier today. I'll be having a little of that and a steamed artichoke with lemon butter.

Hard to believe how filling an artichoke is when only a small portion of that lovely veggie is actually edible. It was tender and delicious. I'm also pleased that I managed to make a reasonable amount of potato salad for one with some leftover for tomorrow, instead of a huge bowl of it that I couldn't possibly finish on my own. :LOL:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I cheated today. I got Delimex Chicken Soft Tacos from the store and 6 of those, an apple, and a bowl of frozen blueberries (I like them frozen) was my dinner this evening.

I completely forgot that I had a doctor's appointment, a memorial service and an MRI scheduled for Thursday afternoon and early evening, so I'm making our belated St. Patrick's Day dinner tonight. I have lamb chops in a dish absorbing salt and a bowl of minced herbs and garlic ready to rub on them before I sear them.

I also have Cheddar-herb boxty ready to be cooked and Brussels sprouts from the farmers market ready to be browned and braised in Penzeys Fox Point seasoning. Aren't they purty? :yum:

Well that turned out well ! :yum: Everything was delicious!

Attachments

• 1458441786081.jpg
    1458441786081.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 119
Lovely pics and meals, guys! :yum:

We went out with friends to a restaurant that we tried a couple years ago, and weren't impressed with. Gave it another try tonight, and we are now impressed!

Bruscetta, a nice smoked salmon rolled up thing, lasagna for me, seafood alfredo for DH, friends had lion fish and pizza. I should have taken a picture, but I forgot... :pig:

Nice looking dinner plates. Good thing I'm stuffed - otherwise I might have been inclined to start licking. :LOL:

I used some of last night's leftover colcannon and turned it into boxty! GG, we're thinking alike. :ermm: That can NOT be a good thing! However, I served mine with half of the leftover ham. No pictures here, either. The cook was too darned hungry.

By the time that 2 1/2 pound ham is gone I will have made four, two-person suppers from it, plus MockDonald's breakfast muffins. Not a bad deal.

Remarkable delectable dinners tonight!!!:chef::yum:

I think the time change caught up with me and I wasn't ready to cook by the clock. Dinner was served at 7:30. Hey, no kids or chickens to be fed, so why not. :rolleyes:

Loin pork chops were brined, browned, then a sauce made to finish with wine, mushrooms, shallots, Dijon mustard, and cream, covered. The sides were butter steamed broccolini, and jazzed up Stove Top Stuffing for the SC. A good bottle of wine always makes a good dinner better.

Dinner tonight was something I haven't made for quite a while: Beef Panang Coconut Curry. I had forgotten how easy this is to throw together.

What's everyone else having?

img_1459484_0_96acfc9932444e28f33bba40d5678412.jpg
Looks good, Steve. Can you share the recipe?

I did a search for a recipe. The Serious Eats / Import Food recipe looks easy enough, but doesn't look like yours.

Short ribs in a green chili sauce, cumin rice and refried black beans.

Hard to believe how filling an artichoke is when only a small portion of that lovely veggie is actually edible. It was tender and delicious. I'm also pleased that I managed to make a reasonable amount of potato salad for one with some leftover for tomorrow, instead of a huge bowl of it that I couldn't possibly finish on my own. :LOL:
That looks so good......

Remarkable delectable dinners tonight!!!:chef::yum:

I think the time change caught up with me and I wasn't ready to cook by the clock. Dinner was served at 7:30. Hey, no kids or chickens to be fed, so why not. :rolleyes:

Loin pork chops were brined, browned, then a sauce made to finish with wine, mushrooms, shallots, Dijon mustard, and cream, covered. The sides were butter steamed broccolini, and jazzed up Stove Top Stuffing for the SC. A good bottle of wine always makes a good dinner better.

Sounds delicious! We almost always eat between 7:30 and 8. No kids here, either. DH likes to walk the dog and then go for a run or bike ride after work, so we've gotten into the habit of eating later.

Sounds delicious! We almost always eat between 7:30 and 8. No kids here, either. DH likes to walk the dog and then go for a run or bike ride after work, so we've gotten into the habit of eating later.

Same here, except for the dog and the bike.

Back
Top Bottom