Steak sauce - do you use it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never touch the stuff myself, I rarely make a steak but when I do I'm wanting the beef flavor. I see no reason to disguise the flavor of beef.

I never touch the stuff myself, I rarely make a steak but when I do I'm wanting the beef flavor. I see no reason to disguise the flavor of beef.

Do you use sauces on anything else? Fish or pork or chicken or lamb?

I find that sauces usually enhance flavors. If they disguise them, then the item under the sauce is not worth eating in the first place.

Do you use sauces on anything else? Fish or pork or chicken or lamb?

I find that sauces usually enhance flavors. If they disguise them, then the item under the sauce is not worth eating in the first place.
Maybe the right description is "hide the flavour" or "overwhelm the flavour".

I love sauces. Everything I make has a sauce of some kind. Not on a good steak, though. If I want a sauce with beef I will make a pot roast or stew. When I make a steak I want the flavor of beef.

I love sauces. Everything I make has a sauce of some kind. Not on a good steak, though. If I want a sauce with beef I will make a pot roast or stew. When I make a steak I want the flavor of beef.

Well, I do like a little bit of sauce for dipping - and I can still taste the beef.

Have you ever had chimichurri sauce with beef? It's an Argentinian parsley and red wine vinegar sauce - amazing. But I'm a vinegar fiend :yum:

Last edited:
I never use A-1 straight on anything. My favorite cuts of beef are a NY strip steak and my second favorite is sirloin. I love to get PRIME grade steak when it is on sale.

For those cuts I use my own blend of seasoning for a light dry rub or just salt and ground pepper.

I also like a grilled chuck steak, London broil or flank steak. For those cuts I will sometimes make my own steak/dipping sauce blend:

A-1 Steak Sauce
Soy sauce
Magi Seasoning sauce
Worcestershire Sauce
Red Wine vinegar
Liquid hickory smoke

Mix to own taste.

Back
Top Bottom