How much are Globle Knifes worth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawb

Assistant Cook
I've been asked to value a set of Global knifes. There are 11 in total (see photo)

1.jpg

I've found a new set for sale for £500 pounds however how much would you actually pay for a set of second hand knives?

The only second hand chefs knives I have found on line are

Secondhand Catering Equipment | Search

However they seem expensive to me What do you think?

Thanks for your help :chef:

Welcome to DC! To someone that would feel comfortable using them, what they are willing to pay. On the other hand, they would be worthless to someone that wouldn't be comfortable using them. You could have the most expensive knife in the world, but if it doesn't feel right in your hand, it is useless. A lot of folks have mixed sets of knives for that reason.

BTW, that top chef's knife looks totally abused.

Last edited:
Try searching "2nd hand global knives" on Google. There's a set on UK E-bay for a little over 200 pounds. There's also a very interesting discussion on cheftalk.com with one of the comments being made along the lines of ok rich housewive's knives, and hand pain in pro chefs using them for extended periods of time.

I'm pretty certain the knives you have are NOT a set. The collection contains some knives that I've never seen sold in a set and omits things that are (a steel, for example).

Also, several of the knives have different handles, suggesting different models or different years.

So looking up current set prices won't help you much.

WHAT MODEL(s) ARE THEY?

Brand new, today, those knives would likely retail for at least $1000, probably more.

But like Craig pointed out, the chef's knife is pretty trashed.

Also, my guess is that you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who wants to buy all those knives as a set. No one really needs all of those. You might be more successful selling them separately.

eBay

Look at what they are selling for on eBay. The prices are all over the place., so it is hard to determine the value.

Ebay ??

I don't think you can sell knifes on eBay. (nanny state etc)

The website I linked to secondhand-catering-equipment.co.uk has a section for chef's knifes and they have a few adverts.

However I'm not sure if any are value for money?

I don't think you can sell knifes on eBay. (nanny state etc)

The website I linked to secondhand-catering-equipment.co.uk has a section for chef's knifes and they have a few adverts.

However I'm not sure if any are value for money?

Lots of knives sold on Ebay. I've bought a couple myself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom