What Sandwiches Really Float Your Boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I was looking at another forum that had a similar thread and it made wonder what the folks here really like sandwich wise? Here are some of mine:

The after T-Day dinner sandwich
Muffaletta
Various Po Boys
Cuban
Media Noche
Pit Beef
Corned beef and/or Pastrami on rye
Various Torta sandwiches
Cheese steak
Chicago style beef
Various Banh Mi
Grouper (fried or blackened) with roasted garlic tartar sauce
Dagwood
My deli tuna special, the tuna has to be yellow fin packed in good olive oil, either from Spain or Italy.
and a lot more!

Last edited:
My all time favorite has to be a BLT, but only when tomatoes are in season.

Others include a good deli pastrami, a cheese steak, grouper, or fish tacos (kind of a sandwich).

same here on the BLT. The 'maters need to be home grown. I also love a good oyster po-boy, and corned beer of pastrami on rye. Roast beef sliced paper thin and piled high on cheap white bread with but nothing but salt pepper and mayo also rings my bell.

And ahhh...I fondly remember the totras de pollo with avocado I used to get when I lived in Mexico.

Last edited:
I'm no longer a bread eater, but occasionally make it using alternative flours and so on. My three favorite sandwiches, in no particular order:

1. Reuben

2. Grilled cheese

3. Gyro

In no particular order..........

Turkey sam with lot's of mayo and S&P.

Ham and cheese.

Tuna salad.

Condiments always vary on a whim and availability . ;)

And then there is always the PB&J. :clap: Toasted is a plus. :yum:

I'm no longer a bread eater either, and I do miss sandwiches big time.

I've discovered that my very favorite BLT is a really satisfying salad without the bread, and the same with a cheeseburger.

A great vehicle for both tuna and chicken salad is scooping it with carb free chicharrones.

Last edited:
Good thing we're just talking and not eating. I haven't had lunch yet.

BLT w/ avocado
PB &J, PB and bacon, preferably griddled, PB w/ lettuce, pb and sliced onion
COLD MEATLOAF
A plain garden tomato with a dab mayo on white bread
Yes, The post thanksgiving turkey with everything.
Egg salad w/ slivered jalapenos
Tuna salad. Tuna melts on English muffins
Cold sliced roast chicken,
Chix salad with grapes in it
Bbq pulled pork topped w cole slaw
Meatball sub
Bratwurst
Burritos
Cold baked beans on toasted bread and a squirt of yellow mustard
Monte Cristo w cranberry dipping sauce
Stuffed Pitas -- tabbouleh, or falafels or gyros
Sloppy Joe's
....:yum:

I"m hurt Craig didn't mention (or remember) ;) Mom's sandwiches. We called them that cause they are a take-off of something from a chain menu that I came up with years and years ago (and it's been a LONG time since we've had them). Nice, kind of thick country-style bread spread with 1000 Island dressing, slices of corned beef and/or pastrami, turkey, ham, thin-sliced dill pickles, thin sliced tomatoes, with thin-sliced muenster cheese throughout to "glue" the sandwich together. Dip in an egg, milk, S and P wash, then fry in a mix of butter and oil until outside is done and inside is mostly heated through. Stick in 325 oven to finishing warming through and melting cheese, and to keep warm while they rest of the sammies are cooking.

All the good ones are covered.

For lunch today I had peanut butter and mayo with an old sliced banana.
That's a favorite when nothing else is available.

A treat for me is headcheese, sliced sweet onion, and mayo on Wonder bread.

Another favorite is pressure cooked pigs ears on Bohemian rye bread and Boetje's Mustard.

I was in Montreal this summer to see Rush (for my 28th Rush concert... yes, I'm a Rush freak) and I finally had the opportunity to go to Schwartz's Deli for their traditional smoked meat sandwich.

I can tell you, that on a scale out of 10... about 20 million! WOW! The next time I go, I'm buying three. Two for my belly and one to roll around naked in. Yes, they're THAT good!

Mine is right on today's menu. I cooked a corn beef yesterday and I have all the ingredients for a Reuben Sandwich. With a nice tall glass of ice cold milk. Now I just have to wait until I get hungry enough to eat a complete sandwich. Usually I can only eat a half.

I long for a classic Monte Cristo....

That was actually the first sandwich I thought of, buy by the time the fingers started typing, the thought left the brain!

See you Addie.

Want to add a fried egg sandwich, with the egg fried in butter.

Last edited:
I long for a classic Monte Cristo....

We used to have a couple of local restaurants that offered them and then they sort of disappeared. One of our restaurants served it with a side of real maple syrup, a bit much for me.

The same with the Croque Monsieur and the Croque Madame. :yum:

That was actually the first sandwich I thought of, buy by the time the fingers started typing, the thought left the brain!

See you Addie.

Want to add a fried egg sandwich, with the egg fried in butter.

:wub: Oh you have such excellent taste in food choices! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom