Sunday Supper April 3, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
The weather is chilly - and our supper is chili! I scored some ground chicken at the local grocery store for $1.50 a pound! Easy-peasy, once I get myself up and working.

What's cookin', good lookin'. ;)

I pulled 6 nice size shell-on shrimp from the freezer today to thaw, so it'll be something with that. I'm thinking I'll roast them, serve over spinach, and top with garlic lemon butter. Maybe roasted potato wedges for a side while I've got the oven on.

I made a small bowl of potato salad to go along with leftover ribs. Packaged up the rest of the ribs and into the freezer for some future dinner.

Sweet and sour beef stew, served over egg noodles, with a spinach salad. Also had my first try at ciabatta bread. Not bad, but I miss the artisan crust of dutch oven bread. Should work for sandwiches, though.

I had two slices of good rye bread with butter. I think that it's good for me to go without food for a day, but I need to eat something now that I'm old. Back when I was young I once went 6 days without food.

I had a huge Greek salad that ended up being both lunch and dinner.

img_1461281_0_3d3a03230f7438d6804a5f80e3cc488b.jpg

I pulled 6 nice size shell-on shrimp from the freezer today to thaw, so it'll be something with that. I'm thinking I'll roast them, serve over spinach, and top with garlic lemon butter. Maybe roasted potato wedges for a side while I've got the oven on.

It was delish. :yum: I'm stuffed, kitchen is cleaned up and closed and I'm headed out for a walk while it's still light. :)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Lovely pics, Cheryl and Steve, and nice sounding chow, all!

DH wanted something nice and light, no spice, so I figured scrambled eggs (plural) sounded good. Cut up some onions and other stuff, oil in pan, got the eggs out of the fridge. There was ONE egg apiece. So we each ended up with scrambled egg.

Oh well, so we ate light tonight.

Last edited:
I could have given you some eggs, Dawg. I have two dozen in the fridge.

Cheryl, those shrimp look huge! And yummy.

Steve, I like the plating on that salad. Needs more feta for me, though.

Chili turned out good. Something was missing, though, and I couldn't quite figure it out. I think it was heat. Came away without burning my tongue on this batch. Of course Himself added crushed red pepper to his. He can have my share.

Attachments

• 2016-04-03 20.32.25.jpg
    2016-04-03 20.32.25.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 129
Cat's down with the flu so I made my chicken noodle soup tonight.

We had a salad with it, and that worked. I snoozed late and now I'm up. Sleep comes in fits and starts.

Rack of lamb, on white beans, with beans..the lamb was a little overdone for my liking, but it was still pretty good. Lighting in photo makes it look well but it was more medium....
NkmgDWD.jpg

Last edited:
We had an arugula salad with stuffed and grilled criminis, marinated grilled red onions, grilled Italian sausage, the dressing was a balsamic vinaigrette with shaved parm on top.

I did some braised white cabbage as a side for a meal later this week. I also did braised short ribs with carrots, parsnips, Yukon gold potatoes, red and yellow pearl onions. When I heat it back up for dinner later in the week, I will add some mushrooms.

I made chicken and rice and green beans last night, with a different (for us) set of flavors. I seasoned chicken thighs under and over the skin with Middle Eastern za'atar, extra ground sumac and Aleppo pepper and roasted them. I also made sautéed green beans with red onion, garlic, thyme and sumac and leftover rice pilaf. I added sumac, golden raisins and toasted pine nuts. Good stuff.

Attachments

• 1459769626078.jpg
    1459769626078.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 125
Lovely pics, Cheryl and Steve, and nice sounding chow, all!

DH wanted something nice and light, no spice, so I figured scrambled eggs (plural) sounded good. Cut up some onions and other stuff, oil in pan, got the eggs out of the fridge. There was ONE egg apiece. So we each ended up with scrambled egg.

Oh well, so we ate light tonight.

Hey, Dawg... you need to build a chicken coop! Unlimited eggs, for free. (Well, kind of free. The coop costs a few beans to build... but "free" sounds kinda cool, eh?)

Would you like me to send you a dozen "free-rangers?" Barred Rock or Rhode Island Reds?

Rack of lamb, on white beans, with beans..the lamb was a little overdone for my liking, but it was still pretty good. Lighting in photo makes it look well but it was more medium....
NkmgDWD.jpg

Whoa... that looks wicked! I normally cook my lamb chops a little more to the rare side, but I gotta say... those look awfully tempting. Just might have to let 'em go an extra few minutes next time.

Hey, Dawg... you need to build a chicken coop! Unlimited eggs, for free. (Well, kind of free. The coop costs a few beans to build... but "free" sounds kinda cool, eh?)

Would you like me to send you a dozen "free-rangers?" Barred Rock or Rhode Island Reds?

I'd love to keep some chickens. Unforunately, so would the raccoons, coyotes, feral cats, roaming dogs...

Back
Top Bottom