I'm so excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silversage

Head Chef
I'm just so pleased today that I'm about to explode! Six months ago my doctor didn't like my 'numbers' and read me the riot act about my cholesterol, blood pressure, borderline sugar, weight, and a few other things thrown in for good measure. I was right on the line between the yellow and the red on the chart - between overweight and obese. For 13 years I have been using the fact that I quit smoking as an excuse for staying fat. To compound matters, my job keeps me at a computer screen and desk all day.

She wanted to start me on meds, but I made a deal with her - just give me 6 months to do it on my own.

Since October, I have eliminated Pepsi, most desserts (I'm not perfect), cut way back on portion sizes, loaded up on veggies, reduced both caffeine and alcohol. I got rid of my stationary desk and replaced it with a sit/stand desk, put a mini stepper under my desk, got a fitbit, started walking most evenings. Through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter there was only one week that I gained a couple pounds instead of losing something.

This morning I crossed the line from the yellow to the GREEN - from over weight to healthy weight! I've come down 4 sizes (should have been more but I used to pour myself in to too-tight clothes like a lot of overweight people do). I go back to the doctor in 10 days, and hope my 'numbers' reflect the change.

Sorry about blowing my own horn for a minute, but I'm bursting with pride at the moment. I did it and still cooked really good food, just less of it.:D

Whoo hoo! Way to go, SS!

Blow your horn, you've earned it!

Last edited:
Very impressive! Shows what can be achieved with motivation! Do you think you will be able to stick with this regime?

Back
Top Bottom