What is your absolute favorite Joe Walsh Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Min, toss-up between Funk 48, Life's Been Good to Me So Far, and Confessor. Hard choice though as he made so many great songs with James Gang, solo, and with the Eagles. If played on the radio for today's youth, I bet his songs would be up there in the ratings.

Can you tell that I'm a fan?:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

One of my first albums I bought as a kid was "James Gang Rides Again". Love Funk #49, and Life's Been Good to Me So Far.

Last edited:
One of my first albums I bought as a kid was "James Gang Rides Again"...
I have that one, too. "Life's Been Good..." is one of my top picks, also.

I have a "one-degree" thing going with Joe Walsh. When I was in high school, at Marymount, my parish church has a youth group. One of the other original members of the James Gang was Tom Kriss (rip), who attended Chanel high school, our school's Brother School, since each school was single-gender. Tom was a member of our youth group, a year or two older than I. He would crack us up if anyone dared to say "Oh, Gawd". He'd sneak up behind your and, in a long, drawn out sylable, would say "yeeeesssssss?" into your ear! :LOL: Well, it WAS funny at the time.

The original personal manger of The James Gang was also a friend of mine, Bruce Domski (rip). He did a lot of community theatre in his adult life. I'm not sure, but I think ol' Brucie went to Baldwin-Wallace college. It's a veritable breeding ground for theatre people, some of whom make it big.

The Greater Cleveland/Akron area is responsible for a lot of musicians and actors. It just doesn't get recognized at such often because..well, because it's Cleveland. Or Akron.

I've been a big Joe Walsh fan since his James Gang days, too. I last saw him touring with the Eagles a couple years ago. The band gave him the spotlight a few times for hits like Funk #49, Rocky Mountain Way, and Life's Been Good.

Back in the day, I used to wonder whether he was going to live to even see middle age. His drug and alcohol fueled exploits were fairly well known. It's great that he's managed to clean himself up, and he looks healthy these days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom