ISO sauce pan with glass lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
I'm looking for a good reasonably priced sauce pan with a glass lid. I've mostly used stainless steel pans. Which brand(s) would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I'm looking for a good reasonably priced sauce pan with a glass lid. I've mostly used stainless steel pans. Which brand(s) would you recommend?

Walmart carries a Tramontina line that has glass lids. Also try BBB, they often have cookware that has glass lids.

My approach is a little different that most will be. I've had most of my cookware for decades and have my "pets." Over the years I've replaced the solid lids with glass ones I've found at thrift stores and yard sales. I have a huge 12-inch one that fits one of my cast iron skillets. It was a steal at $1.00. I rarely pay that much for a lid. Most of the time it's about a quarter or half a buck.

That's my way of handling the situation but you may wish to replace the pan AND lid so my plan won't work in that event.

I do have two saucepans I really like that have glass lids and they aren't too old. One is a nice Cuisinart one and the other is one of Emeril Lagasse's line. Both are made well and I like how they perform. I've had them long enough, though, that I don't remember where I bought them.

I also like Cuisinart products. I was just looking at a cuisinart skillet with a glass lid on Amazon. I have around 7 pots and pans from cuisinart some with glass lids. 2 of the pots have glass strainer lids that I love for pasta and potatoes etc. most of them are over ten years old. I buy from Amazon and they have good prices usually.

Calphalon or Cuisinart are good buys, I have both and almost no difference. BBB has its 20% off thing most of the time for both on line and in store.

I also like Cuisinart products. I was just looking at a cuisinart skillet with a glass lid on Amazon. I have around 7 pots and pans from cuisinart some with glass lids. 2 of the pots have glass strainer lids that I love for pasta and potatoes etc. most of them are over ten years old. I buy from Amazon and they have good prices usually.
$39.95
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-722...rue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

There are others also available. I'm looking at the one with the 2 small helper handles with the dome lid (dome lid not glass).

Attachments

• 61ry1BO7otL__SL1500_.jpg
    61ry1BO7otL__SL1500_.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 300

msmofet, that's a skillet, not a saucepan. KG, I don't know what size you're looking for, so here are the search results on Amazon for "Cuisinart saucepan with glass cover."

Amazon.com: Cuisinart saucepan with glass cover

Please reread my post. I said "I have ..." I never specifically stated saucepan. I was just stating that I have Cuisinart Pots and pans some with glass lids and I am happy with them. I stated I was looking for a skillet with a lid. The picture was of the skillet I found as an example of a Cuisinart product with a glass lid. I call everything a pot or a pan. Life is to short to go crazy over labels. Sorry about the confusion.

Please reread my post. I said "I have ..." I never specifically stated saucepan. I was just stating that I have Cuisinart Pots and pans some with glass lids and I am happy with them. I stated I was looking for a skillet with a lid. The picture was of the skillet I found as an example of a Cuisinart product with a glass lid. I call everything a pot or a pan. Life is to short to go crazy over labels. Sorry about the confusion.

Sorry. I thought you were suggesting that to the OP. She's looking for a saucepan. I don't think it's crazy to use accurate language. It avoids confusion :)

msmofet, that's a skillet, not a saucepan. KG, I don't know what size you're looking for, so here are the search results on Amazon for "Cuisinart saucepan with glass cover."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=Cuisinart+saucepan+with+glass+cover+

That's exactly what I'm looking for! I thought I'd get a 1 quart and a 2 quart. Any larger than that might be too heavy to manage. I do have a large stockpot but it has a stainless steel lid.

That's exactly what I'm looking for! I thought I'd get a 1 quart and a 2 quart. Any larger than that might be too heavy to manage. I do have a large stockpot but it has a stainless steel lid.

Cool :cool:

My husband gave me a set of Calphalon saucepans, skillets and a saute pan for Christmas several years ago. It included 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 quart saucepans. They all have their uses; the 3.5 quart is great for cooking pasta since I learned that you don't have to use a gallon of water for a pound of pasta ;) Just enough water to cover the pasta by a couple of inches is plenty. It has a helper handle, which, um, helps :LOL:

Last edited:
If I had to make a choice between a saute' or sauce pan, I'd choose a saute' pan. Many sauces are made in saute' pans. They are actually a straight sided small skillet which is very useful for a multitude of applications, including sauce making.

This one looks and sounds like a kitchen workhorse to me..
http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Contemporary-Stainless-Steel-2-Quart-Chefs/dp/B0007KQZ2K

That does look like a good compromise, and it's a great price for Calphalon. My go-to pan is my 3.5-quart All-Clad sauté pan, which is wider and shorter than this one - great for searing and pan-frying. But the set of Calphalon pots and pans that DH gave me for Christmas several years ago included three sizes of saucepans, plus I have others.

I actually turned down an invitation to go shopping at the kitchen outlet stores with my mom a couple weeks ago :LOL: I have pretty much all the kitchen gear I need or want now.

Back
Top Bottom