Double this biscuit recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
Last year I finally learned how to make decent biscuits and posted about it here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f154/building-a-better-biscuit-93408.html#post1429871

They have become an often requested item for potlucks with friends and I have been asked to make some for an upcoming potluck - with about 20 folks expected. This recipe makes 10-12 biscuits. Can I just double it? Can I triple it?

Am I just asking for disaster? Any advice about this?

This has me thinking... I always thought you could double or triple a recipe, but after reading GG's post, maybe not.

I've never had any problems doing this though... then again, a great baker, I am not.

RD

Craig made biscuits for sausage gravy Sunday. They were some of the BEST biscuits I've ever had (better than mine :glare:, maybe even my Grandma's and her's were some of the best I've ever had). He used Alton Brown's recipe. Told him he was in charge of biscuits from now on so we'll see if it was fluke or if he has the "gift."

Craig made biscuits for sausage gravy Sunday. They were some of the BEST biscuits I've ever had (better than mine :glare:, maybe even my Grandma's and her's were some of the best I've ever had). He used Alton Brown's recipe. Told him he was in charge of biscuits from now on so we'll see if it was fluke or if he has the "gift."

Making good biscuits is definitely a gift. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom