Tuesday's Dinner Menus 5/03/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Trying another new recipe today. Chile Lime Chicken Thighs. I'm hoping the weather will stay dry so I can grill them. I'll make a tossed salad to go with it.

What are your plans?

I was just getting ready to post a thread, too, Andy! It's a good thing I've gotten into the habit of double-checking the "Today's Menu" sub-forum right before I hit "submit" ever since Cheryl and I had a few simul-posts.

I have a corned beef going in the slow cooker as I type. I figure since I dragged that thing up from the basement, I may as well get a couple uses out of it. ;) I'll be tossing veggies in later this afternoon. Rye bread for soaking up juices if I'm out-and-about more than just to my SIL's house. (as in: If I decide to put make-up on. :LOL: )

Wife asked "What's for dinner tonight?"
"Pork Vindaloo."
"What's that?"
"Indian stuff I'm going to make in the pressure cooker."
With an unsure look on her face "Sounds interesting."

She's a pretty good sport about trying things (as long as I'm the one doing the cooking). Usually pleasantly surprised, but I've had a few bombs that will never be repeated.

The Bitten Word: Pressure Cooker Pork Vindaloo

Wife asked "What's for dinner tonight?"
"Pork Vindaloo."
"What's that?"
"Indian stuff I'm going to make in the pressure cooker."
With an unsure look on her face "Sounds interesting."

She's a pretty good sport about trying things (as long as I'm the one doing the cooking). Usually pleasantly surprised, but I've had a few bombs that will never be repeated.

The Bitten Word: Pressure Cooker Pork Vindaloo

It's roughly the same here. I do all the cooking. I select a recipe to try and will either run it past her before cooking or not. Sometimes she tells me she doesn't want to know what's in it. We sit down to dinner and I wait for her comments. I never comment first as I don't want to influence her. If she and I both like it, it's a keeper. If she doesn't like it, it's a goner.

The only exception to my not making dishes she dislikes is Luca Lazzari's lasagna. She doesn't care for it at all. As a result, I make the lasagna in foil loaf pans and freeze them. On lasagna nights, I make something different for her.

We ended up with a pasta heavy dinner list for this week. Tonight's dinner will be spaghetti and pesto made with our homemade oven dried tomatoes and some kind of side, either a salad or zucchini made some way.

It's always a good thing to check to make sure nobody else has posted a dinner thread. It's something I always do even when I post prior to 6 in the morning.

Clean out the fridge night.
Grilling up some Foster Farms seasoned chicken breasts. Hubby found at Costco. Nice to have it all prepped and ready to go. Slice it up with some left over of last nights grilled N.Y.strip steak for paninni's.

Have 4 chicken breasts to cook up. That chicken makes great pizzas.
If time allows I'll make up a few and freeze them for later.

Now after reading Medtrans post it would be great in pasta.
Shoot,another dinner delema.:ermm:

Tonight I'm going to wing it - pork pizzaiola (pork steaks cooked in homemade pizza sauce) in the Instant Pot, served over buttered egg noodles with Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle and garden parsley, and asparagus.

Yep, CG - we've posted dinners threads at the same time more than once! :LOL: I've learned to check before hitting 'submit', too.

Hmmm....today's dinner. I've narrowed it down to a veggie omelet or a take on a chefs salad. Have some ham and cheese to use up.

I can't believe how early we ate tonight! Early for us, that is, where the style is more to "dine at nine". :LOL: I almost managed to time all of the veggies perfectly - the cabbage is a bit al dente. After decades of eating this, I'm still trying to decide if I like the carrots best, or the rye bread soaking up all the juices when everything else is gone. :)

Attachments

• 2016-05-03 19.26.43.jpg
    2016-05-03 19.26.43.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom