Friday Mystery dinner, 5/6/2016.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Any guesses? The 2 not easily identifiable proteins are chicken in a marinade of 3 of the 4 bottles and cooked pork butt from the freezer cubed.

37240-albums1042-picture6422.jpg

I don't see any citrus so it's probably not Cuban/ Caribbean Not sure if the eggs are boiled or still raw. Bottles of Asian sauces. My guess is eggs foo young. And a lot of it. I'll be there shortly with chopsticks in hand.

I'm trying to talk Dx into going out for dinner. I am hungry for fish or seafood. She's not biting. She says she has "garden knees" and dirty hands. I said wash hands, ( and her face since she hasn't seen it yet) and put on long pants and we're good to go. I guess I can be equally happy if I pick up Chinese. We can eat at the picnic table because it's so nice out.

Nope. We had dinner and I have a pic. It was really, really good. There is 1 more ingredient not pictured but that would give away what it is. Lots of leftovers. Yummy!!!!

We've been on the go all day plus I'me finishing up a big pot of chicken stock so dinner tonight will be a reprieve of the carne deshebrada tacos with slaw.

Nope. We had dinner and I have a pic. It was really, really good. There is 1 more ingredient not pictured but that would give away what it is. Lots of leftovers. Yummy!!!!

Is the missing ingredient rice, noodles or chicken broth?

So it's either fried rice or lo mein.

Ding, ding ding, fried rice. Pic to follow shortly as I can upload from my phone but not post.

I NEVER eat takeout fried rice and didn't really like homemade until I found the base recipe we used.

Nice looking f. Rice. It took me a while to get my recipe to taste right. Next is perfecting lo mein.

Great looking fried rice there you two! I did some darn good fried rice myself recently without the rice.
Would you share the base recipe you used Med?

I had a Mother's Day lunch today with my older son at Garmen's Irish Pub while the SC was out of town for a dentist appointment, so it's leftover Zuppa Tuscano for supper tonight.

Well, that was good :yum: I decided to sprinkle the chicken with Penzeys Greek seasoning and pan-roast it in my cast iron skillet. This is less than half of the salad from lunch, with a little cucumber and feta cheese added. It was gigantic! The watermelon was served with lunch, too.

Attachments

• 1462581724391.jpg
    1462581724391.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 116
medtran, that is a quality looking fried rice. Like Kayelle, I would also like your recipe if you're in the sharing mood.

...dinner tonight will be a reprieve of the carne deshebrada tacos with slaw.
Why did it need a reprieve? Was it a bad meal? :whistling:

I made a huge salad for us to split. We weren't hungry afterwards, but now we want a "little something". I need to figure out something else from the contents of the fridge. :ermm:

I wanted to eat what's left over in the freezer before I go shopping again. So this morning I took out 1 of the 2 pork roasts I still had and threw it in the crock pot with a mix of BBQ sauce and zesty Italian dressing. Added some onions and it should be done by about 8pm tonight. I've also got one large Yukon potato left and I might try a recipe of boiling it in vinegar and then salting it, for a salt-and-vinegar potato.

I think my taste buds tonight are going to be tingling.

The hot weather is approaching again and if I can't get an air conditioner in this room, I think cooking will be on hold until September. I don't know how they did it in the old days but for me, cooking in 93 humid degrees is not going to happen.

the The hot weather is approaching again and if I can't get an air conditioner in this room, I think cooking will be on hold until September. I don't know how they did it in the old days but for me, cooking in 93 humid degrees is not going to happen.

A former neighbor told me many years ago that his mother didn't use the oven between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I don't follow that 100% of the time - maybe 90% ;) Stove, microwave, grill and toaster oven for the most part - or just cold dishes.

Recipe posted ladies, both the basic and what we did last night.

Andy, one of the comments made was about using oyster sauce in addition, either replacing half of the hoisin or just adding some in. We may give that a whirl next time.

Back
Top Bottom