Rib Nite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
I cut a rack of baby backs in two. My wife does not share my taste in rubs and she likes hers sauced. I also did corn in the shuck.

img_1466647_0_211fade99ffa8967f148f0b674cfe79b.jpg

img_1466647_1_806f9d4cdc1067672bb1bcaa269c6f85.jpg

img_1466647_2_1edbcc18192d7aa575e7f151271b5107.jpg

img_1466647_3_c651329b4a2cd39fdc4a57b070e0618f.jpg
http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I need to take a couple bites from each side of ribs, so I could decide which one was better.

Looks yummy, PM!

Last edited:
Please tell me what you did. It looks like you had foil over the coals(?) I like the look of the slab that doesn't look burnt. Forgive my ignorance. I'm just now trying to learn how to grill.

Looks good.

I do love ribs. It's difficult to get good bbq here in the uk despite much intetest in this type of food.

Please tell me what you did. It looks like you had foil over the coals(?) I like the look of the slab that doesn't look burnt. Forgive my ignorance. I'm just now trying to learn how to grill.

The Akorn is a Kamado style cooker, much like the Kamado Joe or Big Green Egg. Those are ceramic where the Akorn is insulated steel. They, however, cook the same way. The foil covered item in my pics is a heat defuser, It is a 15" cake pan 2" deep. I put 1" of white sand in the pan and covered the pan down against the sand. This protects the meat, which sits directly over the heat source from scorching. Some use a ceramic stone like a pizza stone to do the same thing. I like the pan and sand idea because of the ease in clean up an the pan catches the drippings. I just toss the foil after the cook and replace. For high heat cooking/grilling,take the pan out and cook directly over the coals.

Thanks Y'all.:chef:

It makes me want to try grilling ribs and corn again. My first try was good enough but it didn't look as good as yours.

Paymaster smoked those, they weren't grilled. I'm guessing 2 to 2-1/2 hours around 225F to 250F. Unless you cheat by using the oven and then the grill to finish, ribs would be tough if just grilled.

PM, looking good.:yum:

Paymaster smoked those, they weren't grilled. I'm guessing 2 to 2-1/2 hours around 225F to 250F. Unless you cheat by using the oven and then the grill to finish, ribs would be tough if just grilled.

PM, looking good.:yum:
Thanks! Yep 225* for 2 hours in the smoke then foiled with apple juice for about an hour. Then, back in the smoke for 30 minutes to firm up the bark and set the sauce on my wife's.:chef:
http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Back
Top Bottom