Please help. The center is still cold when I deep fry my precooked frozen chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nema

Assistant Cook
So heres what i did two days ago,after i seasoned my chicken breasts i stuffed them with smoked turkey slices (not a fan of ham) and some mozzarella cheese (dont have swiss) i battered them with flour,seasoned egg, and bread crumbs. I also did another batch with panko. I baked them in the oven for 35 minutes. Then, i put them in the freezer after i left them to cool. Today i wanted to fry them. The batter was almost gonna burn,i even tried to start frying with less heat but the chicken and filling was still very cold in the center.this recipe was successful when i fried the chicken right away without freezing before. What can i do to defrost fast without having to leave it in the fridge over night? Is there a way to cook the chicken thoroughly in the fryer?

And i have the same question for home made burger patties. How can i thaw big batches fast? Putting them in water seems inconvenient for me as i like to season my meat when forming it rather than on the fryer. I sometimes also fill with cheese in the middle (the kids like the surprise!).

I appreciate all answers and help

Thankyou!

Sometimes I fry things to the point that I like want the outside, then put them in a warm oven 250-300 on a wire rack to let the inside finish. This keeps the outside crispy and the insides continue to warm through. Not sure how long you should keep it it, though..you'll have to check it.
As far as thawing burger patties goes, we lay them out on cooking sheets and leave them in a warmish place for a while. They should soften up quickly. As long as you are going to cook them right away, this method should be fine..

I'm guessing you are using boneless/skinless breasts. Personally, if I intend to fry the stuffed breasts, I go from start to finish with no freezing in between. Defrost, rinse, brine, rinse and pat dry, cut the pocket and stuff, flour, egg wash, and coat. If you like a really thick coating, egg wash and coat again. I prefer to set the coated pieces on a cake rack inside a sheet pan and rest in the fridge to set the coating, about 1/2 hour. Then I would shallow fry until the coating is golden brown and finish in the oven @ 350F. If in doubt, use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness. If I want to freeze, I freeze them fully cooked and reheat in the oven. Trying to partially cook them, cool enough to wrap and freeze is very dangerous, IMO. To great of a risk for bacterial formation in the raw, uncooked inside. At best the toxins created will just make it taste bad.:ohmy:

As for the burger meat, plan ahead and defrost in the fridge first. Then you can work with it right out of the fridge. If I make "Juicy Lucy" burgers, I use a round mold of some type. IMO, it makes sealing much easier. I rarely cook burgers/sliders in a pan, preferring the taste of them done on a charcoal fired grill, set up with a hot and cooler side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom