6/12/16, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Conch fritters with homemade cocktail sauce, coleslaw and home-cut twice fried french fries. I only did the cooking. Craig did everything else.

37240-albums1042-picture6562.jpg

Cold and rainy here!

Tonight was an easy comfort food breakfast consisting of ham, eggs, asparagus and toast.

A dish of local strawberries and cream later.

Another nice looking plate, Joey. I'm guessing the trout was caught by you earlier in the day?

Himself was going to grill tuna and a chicken breast outside. Then I went to tend to the BIRD feeders (did you hear me, danged squirrels...:glare:) and figured it would be way too chilly and windy to cook outside, seeing as how we eat just about the time half of our neighbors are thinking of heading to bed. So it will be tuna in the CI pan, leftover pork chops in peach sauce, along with sauteed zucchini, pan-roasted radishes, and salads. If either of us want a starch, there is still some leftover rice from the first time with the pork.

I swear one of these days we're going to be having grilled squirrel...

Another nice looking plate, Joey. I'm guessing the trout was caught by you earlier in the day?

Himself was going to grill tuna and a chicken breast outside. Then I went to tend to the BIRD feeders (did you hear me, danged squirrels...:glare:) and figured it would be way too chilly and windy to cook outside, seeing as how we eat just about the time half of our neighbors are thinking of heading to bed. So it will be tuna in the CI pan, leftover pork chops in peach sauce, along with sauteed zucchini, pan-roasted radishes, and salads. If either of us want a starch, there is still some leftover rice from the first time with the pork.

I swear one of these days we're going to be having grilled squirrel...

Thanks CG and yes they were just caught, lol..

Pineapple and kielbasa kebabs with red onion, bell peppers and zucchini, grilled and glazed with teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, chile-garlic sauce and honey. Leftover pasta salad and toasted baguette slices with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning on the side.

Attachments

• 1465778799082.jpg
    1465778799082.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 152
Good lookin' plates! :chef:

Cheeseburgers here, served up on homemade buns, with a side of grilled cauliflower. I hadn't planned on grilling today because it was supposed to be soggy and rainy, so it was just kind of a last minute decision.

img_1469525_0_73701fa0b1878e7fe9ec72b6a4b4dcbe.jpg

Last edited:
I took a picture, too! At first, I just wanted to dive into the food. Halfway through, I thought I'd show you how delicious it was. Yup, it was good. :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-06-12 21.51.12.jpg
    2016-06-12 21.51.12.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 166
GG, Himself loves kielbasa, so I suggested we try that. Um, I'm going to have to try it at your place...

Steve, your GF buns look way better than a gluten free bread should look. Love the "melt" on your cheese.

Kay, Have you ever tried freezing the shrimp in the liquid or just freezing the liquid and re-using?

Back
Top Bottom