TNT Hawaiian tortellini salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I saw this recipe and thought it would be something different to try.
I used the tortellini that is in the pasta isles in the bag by Barilla and just cooked them up as that is what I had on hand. I diced the ham up in smaller pcs, I used fresh garlic and 1/2 of the fresh grated ginger, reason being I thought that fresh ginger can be powerful.
It was delicious. Will be making this one a lot. Thank you to The slow roast Italian recipe.

Hawaiian Tortellini Salad

I'm always curious
why do folks associate pineapple with Hawaii?
Pineapple is indigenous to South America
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple

Probably because of the large Dole pineapple fields up on the North Shore. When I lived there the Dole plant was down by the State prison. When it was muggy out and the plant was working at full force, you could not only smell the pineapple, you could feel it. You left that area all sticky from it raining on you. Why not sugar considering all the cane fields there used to be on all the Islands. That was a major product. I had friends out in Ewa Beach, and at that time there were cane field there.

There used to be a stand up on the North Shore hear Haleiwa where you could buy a freshly picked pineapple. You could have it shipped home or take it with you and eat it in your hotel room. Those pineapples cost twice what you paid on the mainland. The good old tourist dollar at work. Yea! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom