Dinner Saturday 6/18/2016. Got a "hot" date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Craig does at our house. He's making chili like he likes it (hot and spicy) and I'll make my own (just a bit of spice) in a bit when he's done and she's cooking. Guess I can't be jealous he has a date with her cause I end up sleeping with him (though not sure I really want to tonight :rolleyes: ).

I have a "date" tonight myself. My daughter is taking me out for an early Father's Day dinner. We're going to this place:

Lake & Irving

I've been told they have sort of a Hawaiian-tinged menu.

This also marks a milestone of sorts. It's the first time the kid's ever offered to buy me dinner. As a college student, she struggled for several years to keep her head above water, but is now working two good jobs in her chosen profession and making a decent wage. I offered to go Dutch with her tonight, but she insists on paying. Good for her! I couldn't be more proud.

Dad will probably spring for the wine, though. ;)

Last edited:
:LOL: Medtran! Strawbs sound so good, AB. Steve, being a former college student many years ago, I know what it's like to be broke, you will have a great time with your daughter!

I baked panko crusted chicken nuggets and made honey mustard dipping sauce. Salad.

Popcorn.

It is bloody hot here, about 15*F above normal, so we are heading to the air conditioned theatre to cool off. Most people do not have air-conditioning in their homes because generally it is not needed here in the mountains.

Steve, I understand your pride. My daughters now take us out for Fathers Day every year. It's sort of a sign they've become independent adults and that we did something right.

Our dinner tonight will be a lean cuisine dinner for SO and a serving of lasagna for me. SO doesn't like my lasagna so I make it in individual servings for just me.

I just got home from a trip into Ottawa to pick up some parts for a drum set I bought and am rebuilding for one of my daughters. I stopped at a fish market and bought some mussels, clams and fresh pickerel. Also, I have a few jumbo shrimp in the freezer that I am going to pull out. Just pausing to have a quick chilly pint and then into the kitchen for some seafood pasta. If I don't have too many I may even take a photo or two...Saturday night! Yipee!

I have a "date" tonight myself. My daughter is taking me out for an early Father's Day dinner. We're going to this place:

Lake & Irving

I've been told they have sort of a Hawaiian-tinged menu.

This also marks a milestone of sorts. It's the first time the kid's ever offered to buy me dinner. As a college student, she struggled for several years to keep her head above water, but is now working two good jobs in her chosen profession and making a decent wage. I offered to go Dutch with her tonight, but she insists on paying. Good for her! I couldn't be more proud.

Dad will probably spring for the wine, though. ;)

:clap: Gotta give the kid an attagirl!

Mmmm....wonderful sounding dinners. Congrats to your daughter, Steve!

My daughter took me out for a late breakfast and I couldn't quite finish it all, so I brought home a sausage patty for an evening snack. I had that on toasted rye, with a bowl of mango, grapes, and chopped green apple for a side.

I have a "date" tonight myself. My daughter is taking me out for an early Father's Day dinner....
This also marks a milestone of sorts. It's the first time the kid's ever offered to buy me dinner...
Kudos to you, Steve, for raising such a fine young woman. I hope you have a very enjoyable Father's Day dinner with her.

I finally got around to using the chicken breast Himself grilled when he did the steak. I shredded it and mixed it with corn kernels, diced tomato, black beans, a bit of suntanned pepper, and Monterey Jack cheese. Then I filled lightly steamed half peppers, which Himself finished off on the grill. On the side was sauteed Brussels sprouts with mushrooms and bacon. Beforehand, we had salads of arugula and iceberg topped with crisped prosciutto, ripe pear, toasted hazelnuts, and feta, and drizzled with a quick olive oil/white Balsamic dressing with a bit of lemon zest, thyme, s&p.

Attachments

• 2016-06-18 21.12.45.jpg
    2016-06-18 21.12.45.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 2016-06-18 21.12.29.jpg
    2016-06-18 21.12.29.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 174
Thanks, Cheryl. I should have used some seasonings when I mixed it all up, but I had heavily seasoned the chicken with TJ's African Smoked Seasoning before Himself grilled it. I was afraid of over-kill. Next time I'll add something like Penzeys' Berbere or Arizona Dreaming, although some of Spice House's Back of the Yards would be good, too, if you want a peppery flavor. We had 2 1/2 pepper shells tonight, with an equal amount for later this week. I know I'll top with a bit of cheese before I pop them into the oven/micro.

I finally got around to using the chicken breast Himself grilled when he did the steak. I shredded it and mixed it with corn kernels, diced tomato, black beans, a bit of suntanned pepper, and Monterey Jack cheese. Then I filled lightly steamed half peppers, which Himself finished off on the grill. On the side was sauteed Brussels sprouts with mushrooms and bacon. Beforehand, we had salads of arugula and iceberg topped with crisped prosciutto, ripe pear, toasted hazelnuts, and feta, and drizzled with a quick olive oil/white Balsamic dressing with a bit of lemon zest, thyme, s&p.

Mmmm.... that looks very tasty! :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom