Dinner Tues. 6/21/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
With the continued hot temps an old fashioned fabulous Crab Louie Salad is on the menu tonight.
The SousChef brought home some gorgeous King crab this morning and he's busy preparing it for tonight's salad.

What's your plan for dinner?:chef:

I'm brining a couple of thick cut pork chops for the grill tonight. We'll have a salad to go with it.

:whistlingBlue skies smiling at me, nothing but blue skies do I see...

76 degrees, cool, sunny and breezy here!

This morning the house was cool so I made a small pot of split pea soup and a small pot of chili.

Tonight will be one of those, a cucumber salad, a dish of strawberries with cream and iced tea.

After dinner I will freeze some of the chili to use in taco salads and a couple one cup bowls of the pea soup for quick lunches.

We're leaving shortly to do a propane run. As long as we aren't completely sucked into the vortex know as Lowe's, Himself will grill those tonight, along with discs of fresh pineapple. I'll season the chicken with The Spice House's Jerk seasoning. Sides will be something veggie - frozen selection is corn and two green things. It will be either peas or French cut green beans, since I don't want the plates to look completely yellow-orange. :LOL:

Stove top smoked dinner tonight.

Bacon wrapped Pineapple hot links and some regular hot links.

I'll use a rub mix, wrap it in the bacon and smoke them with either cherry or hickory chips, and finish it off with a touch of bbq sauce. Cooked on the counter top griller. (Still trying to make friends with it.)

Side of potato salad and bush's baked beans.

DH has an out of town business dinner, so I'll be grazing on leftovers.

Chicken breast, mashed & green beans.

img_1470396_0_68a1d22706078bf6f071dcdaf2bea6ed.jpg

With the continued hot temps an old fashioned fabulous Crab Louie Salad is on the menu tonight.
The SousChef brought home some gorgeous King crab this morning and he's busy preparing it for tonight's salad.

What's your plan for dinner?:chef:

It turned out great..
on a bed of butter lettuce. Dang...

img_1470402_0_5e50ab2aa05cf7e1ffd94dca141cdcd9.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful. The feta cheese males it sound bright and the greens and tomatoes make it sound fresh. Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the recipe, would you?

That is absolutely beautiful. The feta cheese males it sound bright and the greens and tomatoes make it sound fresh. Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the recipe, would you?
I sauteed the beet greens in olive oil, garlic and onions until wilted. Layered a couple of layers of the lasagne noodles with the sauce, then the greens, then, two more layers of sauce. Topped with more feta, mozzarella and Parmesan. The sauce is a bottled sauce we carry at the deli...quite sweet..

Kayelle, Rock, S&P... some nice looking dinners there!

I had a bunch of veggie odds and ends in the fridge, including asparagus, garlic scapes, ramps, pea shoots, and chives. It all went into the Ninja, and ended up as a creamy soup.

img_1470411_0_22450f4c33842a5ad6929f235f032895.jpg

MMM, everyone's suppers' look and sound wonderful!

We went out to Taco Tuesday with Mr&Mrs DF here in the TINY town that we're in.

020.jpg

021.JPG

022.JPG

Carne Asada, Shrimp and Carnita Tacos, an Avocado Salad, a Chicken Taco Salad and $2 margaritas... dessert was a shared plate of Cheesecake chimis... WOW! I think that was the best Taco Tuesday we've been to yet... $3 each and the drinks were actually good!
019.JPG
So... Good Night, I'm stuffed!

Shredded chicken tacos here tonight, with pickled red onions and homegrown zucchini and jalapeño pepper. Tacos aren't pretty, but here are the pickles ;)

Attachments

• 1466565580822.jpg
    1466565580822.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 145
Back
Top Bottom