What's ya eatn'g? Saturday 6.25.16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes you just feel like a caveman and want nothing more than a piece of meat, cooked over a fire. I mean...why clutter up the plate with vegetables and such? :LOL:

(truthfully I had no veggies in the fridge and didn't feel like running out to buy anything.)

img_1470910_0_30684d9def0b564d749147a89a135b8f.jpg

We made a wine-butt chicken on the grill, glazed with cherry barbecue sauce that my brother and SIL gave us for Christmas.

We also had grilled corn on the cob and marinated grilled zucchini. And I made basil pesto and put that on top of toasted naan, topped with diced tomato and shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Good stuff :yum:

Last edited:
Nice, guys!

Noble experiment here. We had a head of romaine on its last legs, so I sauteéd it up, poured a bunch of eggs mixed with yogurt, spices, mushrooms and shredded cheese over it, and will call it a frittatta. It's clean out the fridge night.

Last edited:
Sometimes you just feel like a caveman and want nothing more than a piece of meat, cooked over a fire. I mean...why clutter up the plate with vegetables and such? :LOL:

(truthfully I had no veggies in the fridge and didn't feel like running out to buy anything.)...

I don't know, Steve. There's some red stuff on the plate that could have vegetable components...

Nice, guys!

Noble experiment here. We had a head of romaine on its last legs, so I sauteéd it up, poured a bunch of eggs mixed with yogurt, spices, mushrooms and shredded cheese over it, and will call it a frittatta. It's clean out the fridge night.

Picture: ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1466903763.088227.jpg

I had a pound of beautiful ground lamb, so I mixed it with Steve Kroll's perfect blend of spices for lamb Gyro's. We had Kafta Kebobs over Greek salads with Greek yogurt dressing. Opa!!

Yep SC, that would have been the perfect background music! :) I haven't had Gyros in way too long and need to add it to the menu very soon.

Great looking (and sounding) dinners here tonight. :yum:

I grilled several smallish chicky thighs early this afternoon, as I knew I'd be going over to my daughter's late afternoon to watch Tyler while she and hubby went to the movies. Wasn't sure when I'd be back.

I usually don't care much for bbq sauce, but was kind of in the mood for some on my chicken today. I added a light shake of liquid smoke to the sauce and just brushed on a light layer. Pretty good. Sautéed string beans with mushrooms and onions, and steamed baby red potatoes with parsley/garlic/butter sauce rounded everything out.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 175
Yep SC, that would have been the perfect background music! :) I haven't had Gyros in way too long and need to add it to the menu very soon.

Great looking (and sounding) dinners here tonight. :yum:

I grilled several smallish chicky thighs early this afternoon, as I knew I'd be going over to my daughter's late afternoon to watch Tyler while she and hubby went to the movies. Wasn't sure when I'd be back.

I usually don't care much for bbq sauce, but was kind of in the mood for some on my chicken today. I added a light shake of liquid smoke to the sauce and just brushed on a light layer. Pretty good. Sautéed string beans with mushrooms and onions, and steamed baby red potatoes with parsley/garlic/butter sauce rounded everything out.

That's my of meal, looks so good.

So many good looking and sounding meals tonight. I'm hungry all over again!

It's official: we starve tomorrow. Well, maybe not starve, but all of the prepared leftovers are gone. I finished the last of the Italian sausage, Himself ate the hot dogs and bun, and we cleaned out the bit of black beans and a couple tomatoes with corn that was fresh-bought yesterday - I made a corn/bean/tomato salad with (now gone) Cojita cheese. No more cherry-berry crisp, either. :yum:

I'll come up with food for us to eat tomorrow, since we still have a small assortment of raw foods. Whatever doesn't end up on our plates tomorrow will take a ride in the car with us on Monday.

Got home late, never planned anything so finally I foraged in the fridge and ended up making a paella-ish rice dish with leftover chicken breast, one hot Italian sausage, two small pieces of Haddock, chopped tomatoes, Serrano chilies, celery, onions, garlic, tomato juice, smoked paprika, thyme......turned out OK...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom