Kenmore stove unpainting itself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweet Sue

Assistant Cook
Earlier this week my glass cooktop Kenmore stove started unpainting itself along the back edge. The paint is literally shooting into the air- you can hear it! All over the place. I was not even using it at the time. It is over 10 years old. I don't use chemicals to clean.

Welcome to DC!

I haven't the foggiest. Is it in a particularily humid place? I have a GE glasstop, older than yours, and have never had the paint shoot off of it. You might want to check out the Kenmore website and see if anyone else has had this problem.

Welcome to DC!

I haven't the foggiest. Is it in a particularily humid place? I have a GE glasstop, older than yours, and have never had the paint shoot off of it. You might want to check out the Kenmore website and see if anyone else has had this problem.

I did the exact same thing when the front glass fell off my oven door. I found that it's a problem with my brand of oven. I was able to fix it myself but I had buy the high heat silicone from the UK!

I don't think there will be a way you could fix paint shooting off. You'll either have to live with it or buy a better one. Sorry...

I did the exact same thing when the front glass fell off my oven door. I found that it's a problem with my brand of oven. I was able to fix it myself but I had buy the high heat silicone from the UK!

I don't think there will be a way you could fix paint shooting off. You'll either have to live with it or buy a better one. Sorry...

Depending on the extent of the problem, touching up the peeled paint is not that difficult. Paint is available in matching colors.

First the cause of the problem must be found. I've never heard of paint shooting off a surface, particularly after 10 years.

Depending on the extent of the problem, touching up the peeled paint is not that difficult. Paint is available in matching colors.

First the cause of the problem must be found. I've never heard of paint shooting off a surface, particularly after 10 years.

My guess is that it is because either the paint was formulated incorrectly or the steel was prepped incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom