Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I made the crown pork roast tonight. I had planned it for last night, and got it all tied up and seasoned. By that time I was running short of breath and getting tired. So I put it in the fridge and cooked it tonight.

It got cut up too fast and half eaten before I could even get my camera. Pork roast with roasted potatoes, gravy and fried onions for a side. I was going to make some steamed broccoli, but realized it was just too much food. the roast was so juicy. It almost didn't even need the gravy. :angel:

Muffuletta. Craig is getting ready to cut it now. I put it together several hours ago and weighted it for a while.

I'm making a version of Middle Eastern kefta patties with za'atar and dried mint. I'm taking a shortcut and added Penzeys roasted garlic and granulated onion powder. I'm cooking a test patty now to check for flavor.

I'm also going to make a caprese salad over romaine with fig balsamic vinegar.

Seasoned Shrimp and sweet and hot rice..

img_1472827_0_4666783b463d2a2f8f819a33aa985c13.jpg

Chicken corn soup. The fresh corn is coming on now, and is nice and sweet. And some disgustingly good Mexican jalapeno potato chips dipped in cottage cheese.

I'm making a version of Middle Eastern kefta patties with za'atar and dried mint. I'm taking a shortcut and added Penzeys roasted garlic and granulated onion powder. I'm cooking a test patty now to check for flavor.

I'm also going to make a caprese salad over romaine with fig balsamic vinegar.

Mmmm, that was good :yum: I made another tiramisu cheesecake. I topped this one with whipped cream and Penzeys Pie Spice.

Attachments

• 1468465016624.jpg
    1468465016624.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1468465030778.jpg
    1468465030778.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 99
My elusive Draggin'Butt, AKA Himself, extracted himself from his cocoon around 4:00 PM. Managed to talk him into going to the corner store for milk, deli ham, and a tomato. Four hours later, he acquired our provisions. Our gourmet dinner consisted of a blackened* grilled cheese sandwich with ham and tomato, made with Challah bread from our favorite diner in CT, Blue Colony.

*I forget how hot the CI griddle gets when I make sandwiches...:ermm:

I made some salsbury steak sort of things -- hamburg, milk, Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, diced onions, Tabasco Sauce. Served with a side of egg noodles tossed in butter, onions, salt, pepper. Also some green beans.

Back
Top Bottom