Build a dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Hey, whats your favorite hot dog? I remember as a kid this little hole in the wall place next to the movie house. It had the best dogs ever...Long, plump, juicy, soft steamed bun. It was topped with a swish of mustard, then topped with this yummy beanless chili and then finely minced onions...Oh boy could I use one of those now :) There were other types of dogs available, but this was my favortie...My mom liked the dog with tomato, lettuce, onion,mayo and ketchup!!! Dad loved the same kind as me but sometimes would order the Kraut dog. my sister like hers with the dog sliced in half, grilled, then slathered in mayo and butter. Whats your all time favorite dog?:LOL:
kadesma

Kadasma,
that sounds like the little hole in the wall I workd in during high school in San Diego..LOL The sour kraut, chili and onion was the best seller.

I like my dog with sweet relish, onions and yellow mustard. :cool: After that, chili cheese dogs. I used to live about a hundred yards from a Dairy Queen and I LOVED their foot long Coney, I miss that place.

For us there is only one way to have them.

Like we like to say:

The best thing on your dawg, 'cept your lips!

thier1754 will probably have an AMEN to that!

chowgrp.jpg

Do Corn Dogs count? DH and I used to drive 1 1/2 hrs to the coast to get Corn Dogs at the "Dog House" on Broadway at Seaside........heaven!

lindatooo said:
Do Corn Dogs count? DH and I used to drive 1 1/2 hrs to the coast to get Corn Dogs at the "Dog House" on Broadway at Seaside........heaven!
Hi Lyndatooo, yup, corndawgs count too:) I love to dunk um in ketchup and mustard..
Kadesma, wishing she could find that old time box of mix to make your own corn dogs!

Dove said:
Kadasma,
that sounds like the little hole in the wall I workd in during high school in San Diego..LOL The sour kraut, chili and onion was the best seller.
Hi there Dove, sounds like fun working amoungst all those dogs..:LOL: How have you been?
kadesma

DampCharcoal said:
I like my dog with sweet relish, onions and yellow mustard. :cool: After that, chili cheese dogs. I used to live about a hundred yards from a Dairy Queen and I LOVED their foot long Coney, I miss that place.
Gee DC I'd forgotten about sweet relish, guess I better give all these ideas another try :LOL:
kadesma

One of my favorite dogs comes from the local frosty. It has mustard, relish, onions, tomatoes, and cheese.

Here is some hotdog trivia.

title-facts-2004top10hotdog.gif

(based on annual survey of Major League ball parks)
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dodger Stadium [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.61 million[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coors Field [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.5 million[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wrigley Field 1[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].47 million [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yankee Stadium [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.3 million [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Minute Maid Park [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.2 million [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Edison Field [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.1 million [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ameriquest Field [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]996,000 [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HHH Metrodome [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]883,500 [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jacob's Field [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]595,000 [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Camden Yards [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]400,000 [/font]

topHDcities2004.gif

Dollar Sales
Unit Sales

New York
$ 105,122,000​
34,353,320​
Los Angeles, CA
$ 81,920,320​
41,643,520​
Baltimore/Washington
$ 46,486,100​
19,224,000​
Chicago, IL
$ 46,433,390​
20,552,200​
San Ant/Corpus Christie
$ 29,190,030​
28,638,360​
South Carolina*
$ 29,307,460​
15,367,990​
Dallas/Ft Worth
$ 27,156,490​
20,067,760​
San Fran/Oakland
$ 24,513,640​
8,800,280​
Houston, TX
$ 20,267,400​
16,000,460​
New Orleans/Mobile
$ 16,885,750​
10,536,820​

* This market includes all cities in SC.

Ranking is based on dollar sales for the latest 52 weeks ending Oct. 3, 2004.

Last edited:
We both grew up in NYC (Brooklyn and the Bronx) and it has to be the franks we got in kosher delis.

They would serve it with warm sauerkraut that had most of the acidity removed.

Used take out some with knishes on Christmas Eve to eat while we were decorating the tree.

Also love Chicago dogs.

Sabrett and Hebrew National franks are up there too.

Will put almost anything on a dog, depending upon the mood, but if I have a favorite it is kimchee. Honestly, kimchee on a dog is fantastic.

You guys are getting me hungry. I think I have some Oscar Meyer in the fridge, and I know I have the kimchee.

Pardon me, ambrosia calls.:)

auntdot said:
We both grew up in NYC (Brooklyn and the Bronx) and it has to be the franks we got in kosher delis.

They would serve it with warm sauerkraut that had most of the acidity removed.

Used take out some with knishes on Christmas Eve to eat while we were decorating the tree.

Also love Chicago dogs.

Sabrett and Hebrew National franks are up there too.

Will put almost anything on a dog, depending upon the mood, but if I have a favorite it is kimchee. Honestly, kimchee on a dog is fantastic.

You guys are getting me hungry. I think I have some Oscar Meyer in the fridge, and I know I have the kimchee.

Pardon me, ambrosia calls.:)
Hi aunt dot,
I'll have to try the kimchee..Hebrew National is my favorite hot dog...Thanks for the idea:LOL:
kadesma

Hi Kadesma, we here think kimchee is great on a dog but we also eat kimchee with almost anything.

OK, we draw the line at Cocoa Puffs and most Girl Scout cookies, but that is about it.:)

And no, Auntdot will not discuss her culinary efforts with Do-Si-Dos and kimchee.:ohmy:

But we do enjoy fried Spam (prefer SpamLite for this) and kimchee, just do not fry the kimchee with the Spam (blechh).:-p

Posting this in the interest of full disclosure.

God bless.

Back
Top Bottom