What's cookin? Wed. 7/20/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I made some KFC copycat cole slaw, and I'll be heading out to grill some thighs and wings I've been marinating in Lawry's Hawaiian marinade with added lime juice and chili paste. SC will have some Tater Tots on his plate.

What's going on at your house?

SW ranch chicken salad. Chicken was grilled after being marinaded using same spice mixture and buttermilk, that was also used to make dressing, separate mixes. Toasted pecans, currants and lettuce made up the rest of the salad.

Last edited:
Spinach, bacon, tomato, avocado, cuke salad and a few olives with bacon Dijon red wine vinaigrette. Should have invested in ice tea stock and I could retire again.

Pizza
13823570_10153680652327401_17978203_n.jpg

Rock, those pizzas are perfect. I like that you made two different kinds...one for the right hand, one for the left. ;)

I took advantage of our last sub-80-degree day for the for the foreseeable future to bake a ham and a pan of Grands biscuits. I steamed broccoli for the side and made salads for before, but I always end up eating my salad after my main meal. The hazards of being the cook, I guess. :LOL:

Yum....salads, wings, burgers, pizza....it all sounds great. :yum:

I had a salad for dinner this afternoon, too - leafy greens, radishes, carrots, celery, cukes, onions, hard cooked eggs, and fresh picked tomato. Topped with seasoned croutons and ranch dressing.

Dessert was a small scoop of mango frozen yogurt. :yum: It's not quite 8 yet, but I am soooo tired - heading for bed soon, have to be up early in the AM. Night all! :)

I made a cool ? Asian pasta salad with leftover Asian-spiced spaghetti, diced cooked pork chops, and diced roasted bell peppers, sprinkled with sunflower seeds (ran out of peanuts) and some extra rice vinegar. Good stuff :yum:

BBQ'd a thin cut steak seasoned with just salt and pepper and butterflied 3 large shrimp coated with melted butter and garlic salt ,potato salad and a french roll. Mesquite wood chips for smoke. I bought an inexpensive nifty little folding grill basket off eBay to keep the butterflied shrimp from curling up. It makes it so easy to flip the shrimp.

It was gooooood! :yum: I luv summertime BBQ season.

Last edited:
Thanks, everybody. My son and daughter got me a new pizza stone last week so this was the first go with it. I wasn't totally happy with the bottom. It could have browned up more. But, all in all, it worked well..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom