Dinner Thursday, July 28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took a tomato sauce, meatball and sausage ice cube out of the freezer. Once I raise the temperature to an appropriate eating level, I'll serve it over pasta.

We got Thai specials for lunch. That will also be dinner. Have enough left over for a couple more meals. We're cheap dates.

We were gonna go out...but we aren't. I was gonna run to the store for fried fish...and decided I wasn't leaving the house. I'm tired of this heat!

Plan C: Mushroom and cheese omelets. Sauteed apples. Ham. Some sort of starch. I unearthed a sealed box mix of quick bread that should have been used so long ago I'm not telling. Baked it in the toaster oven; now it's cooling. It doesn't look like a brick...

This project is almost over, final clean out of the apartment tonight for the inspection tomorrow. So not cooking but have not decided on what to eat tonight.

Bet you'll be glad to be back home, James. :)

112 here right now - playing outside with the grandson for a bit, believe it or not. :LOL: A spray bottle of cool water for water play goes a long way till his mom gets here. :)

Dinner will be leftover cubed rotisserie chicken piled on top of a leafy green salad with lots of crunchy fresh veggies. Ranch dressing and croutons to top. :yum:

"Welcome home", James, a day early. I hope you get to stay there a while before you're sent out on another job.

...I unearthed a sealed box mix of quick bread that should have been used so long ago I'm not telling. Baked it in the toaster oven; now it's cooling. It doesn't look like a brick...
Gravity sure did do a number on the quick bread. What to do, what to do. I treated the loaf like I would a brick of cornmeal mush, sliced it, put a wee bit of butter on it, and fried it up in a pan. I guess it worked OK, since Himself and I each ate our couple of slices.

Attachments

• 2016-07-28 20.58.14.jpg
    2016-07-28 20.58.14.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 133
We went to Costco, no rotisserie chicken today as I have a whole chicken in the fridge to be cooked. We bought a new Shark Rocket ulta light upright vacuum cleaner we needed, and stopped at the nearby Red Lobster for lunch.
Leftovers from there, plus some other fridge items for dinner.

Steve, what's the sauce on your chop?

It looks great!

Thanks! It's a homemade chipotle BBQ sauce, of sorts - basically a variation of this Bobby Flay recipe:
Chipotle Bbq Sauce Recipe : Food Network

I use tomato sauce instead of ketchup, skip the sugar, and triple the number dried chipotles called for (I like some heat). The recipe makes a lot of sauce, so I pack it into smaller Tupperware containers and freeze it.

Back
Top Bottom