Spam e-mail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I have been receiving a LOT of spam lately. This morning I had 125 messages, most of the subjects contained words I won't repeat . My question is, what spam blocker do you use and is it working for you? One that I've heard about is called Qurb 3.0, but I don't know anyone who uses it. Please let me know. It's getting pretty bad.

Thanks,
Lyndalou

I'm on SBC/Yahoo DSL, and I can set up a spam filter online. It seems to do a pretty good job, but I also have an email I use with my friends, and then another one that I give to websites.

Guess which one gets most of the spam?? :mrgreen:

John

I highly recommend this one: Mailwasher

What it does is download your mail into the program's user friendly UI, from there you can choose which ones you want to push forward to your real email program.

If you get emails that you don't want, you simply click a couple boxes that "blacklist" the people who sent you the junk. The email will then "bounce" back to the originator. That bounce signals that your email address is no longer valid to the sender and you'll soon be removed from their lists.

Once you decide which emails you want to ignore and which you want to keep, you click the process button and the good ones are sent to whichever email reader you normally use (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) and the bad ones are removed!

It's very effective and very simple to set up and use.

The freebie version does everything I need, I've been using it for over a year now. But if you're hardcore and want the full version you can purchase that also.

G'luck!
:heart:
Z

what email address are you receiving spam to is it a yahoo/aol/gmail or like @charter, @bellsouth, etc? I can then tell you what would be the best option for you.

Back
Top Bottom