Our Kitchens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess that's why it bothered me so much - we aren't stickers for that here. Threads are conversations that meander all over the place. So here I was, reading along, smiling and nodding, and suddenly BAM! HEY YOU! YOU'RE THE PROBLEM HERE! It sure didn't seem funny.

Well, I'm sorry about that. It wasn't meant to be directed at any one individual. I don't want to be on my tip toes each time I post something which goes against the grain. I do realize the demographics in which this forum is mostly made up of so I usually consider that and try to be careful of what I say... :))

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Last edited:
Well, I'm sorry about that. It wasn't meant to be directed at any one individual. I don't want to be on my tip toes each time I post something which goes against the grain. I do realize the demographics in which this forum is mostly made up of so I usually consider that and try to be careful of what I say... :))

I appreciate that and I don't want you to feel that way, either. I guess it was just unexpected since, as I said, it's generally not a problem here. All is good :)

OMG, RP, I swear that kitchen just gave me a drug rush...and I've never done drugs! :LOL: I would have found a way to keep living in the Bahamas just to keep cooking in that kitchen. *swoon*

Why watch the movie? You're a homeowner now, so you're living that movie!

To remind me: It could be worse...:rolleyes::ermm::ROFLMAO:

I've been annoyed by threads going totally off the rail in the past but not in this case.
The way I figure it, we have serious threads and fun threads. For the most part, I figure if it's in the "Off Topic" sub-forum we've already been granted permission to stray. :LOL:

Besides, this thread hasn't gone off the rail, it's just sometimes running on the parallel track.

the way i figure it, we have serious threads and fun threads. For the most part, i figure if it's in the "off topic" sub-forum we've already been granted permission to stray. :LOL:

Besides, this thread hasn't gone off the rail, it's just sometimes running on the parallel track.

bingo!

I don't think anyone would like to see my kitchen right now. No ceiling and I am becoming worried with mold forming inside the walls. With the heat in the upper 90's all week, with humidity to match, and all I can think of is New Orleans right after Katrina. The wall between me and my next door neighbor is a double fire wall. Two layers in each apartment of 3/4" of each layer of sheet rock. So that means four layers for mold to form in. I can take pictures of the pipes where the ceiling used to be. :angel:

Speaking of ceilings the ONLY thing I like about my kitchen is the high ceiling. ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1471187002.516759.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

While our kitchen and dining room maybe a bit old fashion, it also has that country charm to it, which I love! When I get bored with my kitchen, and want to change it up a bit, I just do some re-a-ranging with a few of the small appliances, my canisters, and other knick knacks and decorations... and that goes for my bakers rack, plus my buffet hutch in our dining room.
These pictures were taken back in 2010. Since then I have changed up our kitchen just a bit.

2009+-+2010+Pictures+101.jpg

2009+-+2010+Pictures+118.jpg

2009+-+2010+Pictures+107.jpg

2009+-+2010+Pictures+152.jpg

2009+-+2010+Pictures+147.jpg

I do have a pantry next to our refrigerator, but didn't post it.

2009+Pictures+004.jpg

2009+-+2010+Pictures+123.jpg

2009+-+2010+Pictures+144.jpg

The cows in the pasture picture is hung between the kitchen and dining room.

Last edited:
I just love seeing all these pictures. What I can't get over is how much space you all have. And how nice the floors are. My floor must be 100 years old and because of the pattern, I bet it looked dirty even when it was new.

DG, if I could do my kitchen the way I really wanted it, mine would make yours look completely modern. I'd do away with most of the counters and have work tables and hutches along the wall. And then I'd have those old fashioned 50s stoves and fridges from Elmira Antique appliances, retro refrigerator, reproduction stove and vintage stoves | Elmira Stove Works .

Ah, well. In another lifetime, I suppose.

By the way, is that a real working phone?

I just love seeing all these pictures. What I can't get over is how much space you all have. And how nice the floors are. My floor must be 100 years old and because of the pattern, I bet it looked dirty even when it was new.

DG, if I could do my kitchen the way I really wanted it, mine would make yours look completely modern. I'd do away with most of the counters and have work tables and hutches along the wall. And then I'd have those old fashioned 50s stoves and fridges from Elmira Antique appliances, retro refrigerator, reproduction stove and vintage stoves | Elmira Stove Works .

Ah, well. In another lifetime, I suppose.

By the way, is that a real working phone?

rodentraiser, at this time the phone is disconnected, as my husband and I now have cell phones, but the phone does work.

Thanks. The fridge isn't as big as it looks. It's 48" wide, but only counter depth (24"). Shelves are only 14" deep, so nothing gets lost in the back of the fridge!
Ah...perhaps it was your wide angle lens which stretched it a bit and made it look like a 60 incher... :LOL:
You're right about things getting buried in the back of a conventional fridge.
We have a 36" fridge and it's getting old. Eventually my wife wants to replace it with a 48". There is space as it only requires removal of the 6" cabinet trims on both sides of our current fridge.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of moving. I love my new kitchen, much bigger than the tiny one I have in my apt. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

I'm so excited about my double ovens. I've never had double ovens before. Ever! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom