Gah! It's Sunday 8/28/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We are having elegant gourmet frankfurters courtesy of Wimmers, along with butter toasted buns, and an accompanyment of fine yellow mustard and a crunchy sweet relish.

And you?

Himself will be off stargazing again at night, but there is no way I would make a Stargazy pie. Instead, I plan on stuffing chicken breasts with Fontina and sauteed mushrooms, then cook stove-top. Green beans with almonds on the side. And salad. Photos if it looks good, but much, much later. Can't see the stars when the sun is up. :cool:

Wine tasting party for two tonight!
img_1477966_0_a9d9c79fe55ec45f900feec4c0876f34.gif

img_1477966_1_702304d55b9c638cf3504c414bb66f62.jpg

Last edited:
I had shrimp and grits at Vic's on the River, still in Savannah.

Dessert was a sweet potato creme brulee.

We went out for a Sunday drive and ended up at Chilis for a very late lunch. Not too hungry. We'll just graze.

Wine Tasting

Wine tasting party for two tonight!
img_1477976_0_a9d9c79fe55ec45f900feec4c0876f34.gif

img_1477976_1_702304d55b9c638cf3504c414bb66f62.jpg
This company is offering 40% off on its white wines. I ordered 6 different Chardonnays:
The Show
Three Thieves
Duck Commander
Complicated
Charles & Charles
Menage a Trois
They are all California wines, and the price range with the discount was from $4.80 to 10.80
The sale is on until 4 September
The URL is: One Stop Wine Shop

Type the words whitewine to get the discount

Last edited:
Tricolor rotini with hot and mild Italian sausage chunks, onions, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini and stewed tomatoes, topped with grated parm.

Not feeling well today, and DH tells me there isn't much propane for the grill, so I'm breaking my rule/guideline about not using the oven much during the summer. I rubbed Penzeys Fox Point seasoning under the skin of four chicken thighs and they're roasting, along with sliced potatoes I pre-cooked in the microwave and asparagus I sprinkled with Penzeys Trinidadian seasoning, aka lemon and garlic marinade. We'll be eating shortly :yum:

Everyone's Sunday Suppers sound great!
K & SC, I'd like to come to your house! My favorite kinda dinner! Pupus and drinks!!

We have been gone ALL DAY! We left this morning and met
Mr & Mrs DF at the small local produce farm, close to our new home, for their Sweet Corn Festival this weekend...What FUN!! Had lunch at there for $7, a Pulled pork sandwich, Roasted corn on the cob (just brought in from the field), watermelon (also, just brought in from the fields), Texas Sheet or Carrot Cake and Iced tea, YUM!!
We strolled around the farm and watched the kiddos playing on all of the "attractions" and then headed for this other REALLY small farm stand, way out in the country. We bought some beautiful fruits and veggies at both places... SO!
Dinner is simple for us tonight:
More Sweet Corn on the Cob with butter and salt&pepper
Sweet Watermelon (from the farm stand), and
Cheese Burger deluxe, I've already started but have not served as yet...

Spent the day floating around the lake with some friends, so a quick and easy dinner tonight. Grilled chicken breasts in a bottled roast garlic marinade, corn on the cob, caprese salad.

I ran late running errands today, so I threw a strip steak in the pan when I got home, and made a quick mushroom pan sauce. Leftover spinach on the side.

Actually it wasn't too bad for an impromptu throw-together meal, I guess.

img_1477991_0_38cb3124704b172cef744151caa433a9.jpg

I ran late running errands today, so I threw a strip steak in the pan when I got home, and made a quick mushroom pan sauce. Leftover spinach on the side.

Actually it wasn't too bad for an impromptu throw-together meal, I guess.

img_1477997_0_38cb3124704b172cef744151caa433a9.jpg

Steve, your sauce looks so rich! Did you use a thickener or is it all from a reduction?

:LOL: Steve! "Yeah, I just threw something together."

That's magazine quality. My thrown together stuff in no way resembles that steak!

Steve, your sauce looks so rich! Did you use a thickener or is it all from a reduction?
Thanks! It's all reduction. I made a beef roast a while back and had a lot of pan drippings left over. So I added stock and red wine and reduced it down to a little less than a cup of this really nice sauce, which I froze.

I pulled it out a couple of days ago with the intention of using it for something else, but since there was so little of it, I just tossed it in the pan with the sauteed mushrooms and a splash of cream.

It really was just kind of an afterthought.

Thanks! It's all reduction. I made a beef roast a while back and had a lot of pan drippings left over. So I added stock and red wine and reduced it down to a little less than a cup of this really nice sauce, which I froze.

I pulled it out a couple of days ago with the intention of using it for something else, but since there was so little of it, I just tossed it in the pan with the sauteed mushrooms and a splash of cream.

It really was just kind of an afterthought.

And that's what you get when you're a ROCK STAR HOME COOK!

Just beautiful Steve!

oh, my, all of your entrees sound so good.......just joined the land of the living (flew from Houston to Oman) and my stomach says it's on Sunday night time and not Monday morning or is that Tuesday morning......Silversage your picture is lucious-looking! Cereal is the last thing that I want!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom