Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Review...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
ghirardelli-chocolate-dark-chocolate-cake-mix-2016.jpg

I know other companies sell what they call a dark chocolate cake mix, but this was brand new.

I got a 12.75 oz box for 2.19. That is at least 50 cents more than the cheaper brand name cake mix that also has 2.5 ounces more in cake.

I made it to the directions on the box which says using a mixer is not recommended. A first for me in a cake mix.

I cooked it at 350 degrees for 32 minutes and took it out.

This is really dark looking cake. Any blacker and this should be called Black cake.

The flavor here was amazing.

A big thumbs up from me and a must try item if you can find it.

Thanks, Kleenex, it's definitely going on my shopping list!

I usually make my cakes from scratch. But I had a Ghiradelli Chocolate Cake Mix on hand for the longest time in my cabinet. I decided it was best that I make it before the box rotted on my shelf. Just the chocolate cake was so rich. I always use or make chocolate frosting. For that cake I winged making a cream cheese chocolate frosting. To Die For! I just wish I knew what I did. I would do it for all my cakes. :angel:

I wonder what it would be like with a Boston cream cake filling. I just watched a video recipe for making Boston cream pie and my first thought was that I wanted to make that with chocolate cake. Looks like this is my chance.

I wonder what it would be like with a Boston cream cake filling. I just watched a video recipe for making Boston cream pie and my first thought was that I wanted to make that with chocolate cake. Looks like this is my chance.

rr, the Boston Cream Pies are so popular in Boston, the Parker House Restaurant (where it originated) has two chefs that make them every day. One makes the regular size ones for sale, and the second chef only makes individual ones to be served with each meal. Hundreds of them each day. :angel:

I say it would be tasty.

Ghirardelli

A don't do many cakes, so haven't tried the cake mix. Costco sells the Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownie mix. That's very,very good.

ONTO The Milk Chocolate cake mix review

ghirardelli-chocolate-milk-chocolate-cake-mix-2016.jpg

Okay I also tried this flavor from the same store I got the Dark Chocolate flavor.

If you are not into Dark Chocolate that much and still need to go with a chocolate cake mix this mix is for you.

Certainly lighter in color than the dark chocolate cake mix.

Flavor was amazing.

Another big thumbs up from me and a must try item if you can find it.

ONTO The Double Chocolate Cake Mix Review

ghirardelli-chocolate-double-chocolate-cake-mix-2016.jpg

Okay I spotted this flavor at a different grocery store I go to. This time I had to pay an extra 30 cents for the box.

I think this flavor was more like basic chocolate cake mix, but really good.

Another Big thumbs up from me.

My Ranking for this set of three:

1) Milk Chocolate --35%
2) Double Chocolate --34%
3) Dark Chocolate --31%

Yes it is that close even though Dark Chocolate came in third place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom